logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CyriilG  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 3:41:41 PM(UTC)
CyriilG

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello there!

I planned on introducing myself earlier on, but for some reason I didn't.. Oh well, Better late then never, right? ^^

So I'm a fur from Sweden and my main fursona is Cyriil, a weird cat/dragon/siberian tiger mix that is very social and friendly.
I'm sort of new to the furry fandom, I've been hiding under different names since 2006-2007, but it is first now (exact date would be Aug 8th 2014) that I dared to join in and sort of become a member of the fandom.
Feels great being able to be open about it, and it feels great to contribute to the fandom, in a small way but still.

I'm an indie game developer on my freetime, and when I'm not spending time on creating horrible games I'm most likely playing guitar, trying to write songs or playing covers of others' songs. Genre I'm mostly interested of is metal.
As my personality goes, I'm friendly, accepting and working hard on becoming more social. I do have social anxiety disorder which makes it a bit of a fight.

This (NFC -15) will be my first furcon, and I'm pretty nervous about it, but totally looking forward to it and I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of friendly furs :)

Offline Gaikotsu  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 9:07:27 AM(UTC)
Gaikotsu

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Nice to meet you Cyriil!
I was very nervous when I came to my first furry con (NFC-13), but the moment I stepped inside the hotel I felt really welcomed~ ^_^ See you at the con!
thanks 1 user thanked Gaikotsu for this useful post.
CyriilG on 10/4/2014(UTC)
Offline CyriilG  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:20:47 AM(UTC)
CyriilG

Originally Posted by: Gaikotsu Go to Quoted Post
Nice to meet you Cyriil!
I was very nervous when I came to my first furry con (NFC-13), but the moment I stepped inside the hotel I felt really welcomed~ ^_^ See you at the con!

Hello again Gaikotsu! :)
Feels good to know that I'm not alone with being nervous with the first con ^^.

I did not know that you were going to be working security at the con when you told me you were going, I guess I better be on your good side! :p

Looking forward to meeting you at the con :)
Offline clover  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:26:41 AM(UTC)
clover

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello Cyriil,

Welcome to NFC. I wish you a lot of fun with us and hope you'll have a great time.

Don't worry about being shy and nervous, NFC is not a "huge" convention and we aim at keeping the spirit like a very large family gathering. People are very friendly and always up for a talk. Furthemore, NFC staff is always there. They're buzzing around and look pretty busy sometimes when events need to be set up, but do never hesitate to approach us if you need any asssistance.

I'm curious and have a question: could you tell me what indie games are?

Since you are a musician, don't hesitate to bring your instrument and play. I'm sure you'll meet other musicians at NFC.

See you :)
thanks 1 user thanked clover for this useful post.
CyriilG on 10/4/2014(UTC)
Offline CyriilG  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:08:23 AM(UTC)
CyriilG

Originally Posted by: clover Go to Quoted Post

Welcome to NFC. I wish you a lot of fun with us and hope you'll have a great time.

Hello Clover and thanks for the warm welcome! :)
I'm sure I'll have a great time, this is something I've dreamt of for so long now.

Don't worry about being shy and nervous, NFC is not a "huge" convention and we aim at keeping the spirit like a very large family gathering. People are very friendly and always up for a talk. Furthemore, NFC staff is always there. They're buzzing around and look pretty busy sometimes when events need to be set up, but do never hesitate to approach us if you need any asssistance.

Well, I dunno, the nervousness comes more from my automatic thoughts telling me that I won't fit in and all that, but it is only now during the wait for the con, that will go away as soon as I arrive.
And when I'm finally there I'll probably get a few anxiety attacks, making me act a bit weird, might make me look a bit shy, truth is that the person behind the wall of anxiety is not shy at all, and that will hopefully start showing after an hour or so :)

I like that you guys have that view, "a very large family gathering", makes it so much more personal and gives it a very friendly look.
Hope I'll fit in in this family, and that I'll be able to come to future gatherings :)

I'm curious and have a question: could you tell me what indie games are?

Oh sure! :D
Indie games (A word I actually hate, but it's sometimes easier then explaining it all, not that I mind talking about it :o) are games created by small(er) teams, or in my case it's one person, me, doing all the work, that are independent (so the 'indie' part comes from that), so no financial support by some publisher.
Minecraft is probably a good example of an indie game, created by a very small team (Mojang) here in Sweden, but now it's.. grown a lot :p

Since you are a musician, don't hesitate to bring your instrument and play. I'm sure you'll meet other musicians at NFC.

Yes, I was actually thinking of doing that, If I find a gigbag that fits my 8-stringed guitar, or a new and more comfortable one for my 6-stringed guitar (The one I've got right now does not like me, makes my back hurt after just a couple of minutes), I'll absolutely bring one of them with me. :)

Again, thanks for the welcome, and I hope I'll see you at the con :)
Offline Miles T.F. Baxxter  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:22:56 PM(UTC)
Miles T.F. Baxxter

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hello and welcome aboard the fuzz train, CyriilG! Hope you'll enjoy your stay both at these forums and at the actual convention.

Furry conventions might seem daunting at first, but the crowds are pretty friendly! NFC is maybe one of the less daunting, more cozy cons as well, since it's only medium-sized.

I'm a semi-professional musician myself (singer-songwriter lo-fi indie folk pop type music), and may or may not be helping out with the music on a furry friend's future indie game project. You should definitely consider bringing an instrument; you could perhaps sign up for the Furry Music Café, if that happens again for NFC2015.
"Sometimes the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out, can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are."
~ Twilight Sparkle
Offline CyriilG  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:35:46 PM(UTC)
CyriilG

Originally Posted by: Miles T.F. Baxxter Go to Quoted Post
Hello and welcome aboard the fuzz train, CyriilG! Hope you'll enjoy your stay both at these forums and at the actual convention.

Furry conventions might seem daunting at first, but the crowds are pretty friendly! NFC is maybe one of the less daunting, more cozy cons as well, since it's only medium-sized.

I'm a semi-professional musician myself (singer-songwriter lo-fi indie folk pop type music), and may or may not be helping out with the music on a furry friend's future indie game project. You should definitely consider bringing an instrument; you could perhaps sign up for the Furry Music Café, if that happens again for NFC2015.

Oh hello and thank you! Bit of a fan, so I'm really happy you dropped by to say hello ^^.

Is it an indie game that you are allowed to talk about or is it all uh, "hush hush" for now? I would be pretty interested in following its development.

What is the Furry Music Café? - Sure sounds like something I'd be interested in going to at least, but never heard of it before :p
Offline Miles T.F. Baxxter  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 8:28:54 PM(UTC)
Miles T.F. Baxxter

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Bit of a fan, you say? Aw, I'm honoured!

The Furry Music Café is sort of an open mic thing for musicians, organized by Chama C. Fox. You can read the call out for this year's event here.

As for the indie game, I don't know much yet myself, to be honest. But it'll be something small, a bit of a test project to see how everything comes together I think. If it does get off the ground and if I do contribute any music to it, I'm sure I'll be doing some advertising for it as well.
"Sometimes the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out, can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are."
~ Twilight Sparkle
thanks 1 user thanked Miles T.F. Baxxter for this useful post.
CyriilG on 10/11/2014(UTC)
Offline CyriilG  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 9:38:10 AM(UTC)
CyriilG

Originally Posted by: Miles T.F. Baxxter Go to Quoted Post
Bit of a fan, you say? Aw, I'm honoured!

The Furry Music Café is sort of an open mic thing for musicians, organized by Chama C. Fox. You can read the call out for this year's event here.

As for the indie game, I don't know much yet myself, to be honest. But it'll be something small, a bit of a test project to see how everything comes together I think. If it does get off the ground and if I do contribute any music to it, I'm sure I'll be doing some advertising for it as well.

Yeah ^^, and technically you brought me to NordicFuzzCon, was looking for cons closer to Sweden, then I stumbled upon a few videos from you from NFC, and I was like "Eeeeeh! It's in Sweden and I see some furs I know of, must go!" so I just got a.. with lack of better words, nerdgasm. And now I'm here, So thank you! :)

And thank you, I'll take a look at that thread :)

Well, I hope for the best on the game project, would be really awesome if it takes off, even if it would only be a test or a small game ^^.
Offline WolfKendo  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:35:07 PM(UTC)
WolfKendo

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Cyriil

I have going to NFC since 2013. For me it's the best convention I ever been to of 8 convention in total.
So you should not be worried at all. Everyone at the convention it every welcoming towards first-timers.
So welcome and have a blast. ^w^
Offline CyriilG  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:54:02 PM(UTC)
CyriilG

Originally Posted by: WolfKendo Go to Quoted Post
Hi Cyriil

I have going to NFC since 2013. For me it's the best convention I ever been to of 8 convention in total.
So you should not be worried at all. Everyone at the convention it every welcoming towards first-timers.
So welcome and have a blast. ^w^

Thank you WolfKendo! :D
Glad to hear that this is one of your favourite cons, and everyone I've met within the staff and the attendees have so far been wonderful, so I can understand that this might be a very first-timer friendly con.

Thanks for the welcome and I hope you'll have a great time at NFC -15 ∩(・ω・ )∩
thanks 1 user thanked CyriilG for this useful post.
WolfKendo on 10/19/2014(UTC)