logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline OmniSable  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:44:11 PM(UTC)
OmniSable

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
*waving mustelid*

Greetings! I'm OmniSable, a sable (actually, a pine marten who thinks he's a sable, because sables are trendy and stuff XD) from Russia. I tend to be very positive in conversations, and I'm hard to shut up if you let me talk.
I discovered furry community in 2005-2006 or so, but until 2012 I was a completely passive observer. Since 2012 I started socializing with furs online, and this summer I went to EuroFurence 2014. Some called me a daredevil for that, because I went to a major furcon while barely knowing anybody there (technically, I hadn't met anybody IRL before that).
I've never been to a smaller-scale furcon (or even any other furcon but EF). I've never been to Scandinavia. And I saw Mausie advertising NFC at EF. It made me consider to come. Plus, I met some awesome people from Sweden at EF, so it won't be a complete contact void.
I have many interests: Science and technology (I work in chemical engineering myself), programming (loved it since childhood), Drawing and 3D modeling, music (I play piano occasionally).
I consider myself a timid person, yet I love a good chat, so don't be shy to say hi and discuss stuff.
I'm expecting to learn something new, have a great time and memories. I reckon, that is what the whole occasion all about. Looking forward to it! 8)

Offline CyriilG  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:40:26 PM(UTC)
CyriilG

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OmniSable Go to Quoted Post
*waving mustelid*

Greetings! I'm OmniSable, a sable (actually, a pine marten who thinks he's a sable, because sables are trendy and stuff XD) from Russia. I tend to be very positive in conversations, and I'm hard to shut up if you let me talk.
I discovered furry community in 2005-2006 or so, but until 2012 I was a completely passive observer. Since 2012 I started socializing with furs online, and this summer I went to EuroFurence 2014. Some called me a daredevil for that, because I went to a major furcon while barely knowing anybody there (technically, I hadn't met anybody IRL before that).
I've never been to a smaller-scale furcon (or even any other furcon but EF). I've never been to Scandinavia. And I saw Mausie advertising NFC at EF. It made me consider to come. Plus, I met some awesome people from Sweden at EF, so it won't be a complete contact void.
I have many interests: Science and technology (I work in chemical engineering myself), programming (loved it since childhood), Drawing and 3D modeling, music (I play piano occasionally).
I consider myself a timid person, yet I love a good chat, so don't be shy to say hi and discuss stuff.
I'm expecting to learn something new, have a great time and memories. I reckon, that is what the whole occasion all about. Looking forward to it! 8)

*Waves excitedly*
Hello and welcome to NordicFuzzCon! :D

I can relate to you on just being an observer for a long time before, let's say, I dared to join in on the fun. ^ω^

You've got some pretty interesting interests, *chuckles*, what sort of programming do you have an interest for, by the way? And what's your favourite language? :)

I hope you will have a great time visiting Sweden for the first time, and an even better one visiting NFC! :D
Offline OmniSable  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:32:33 PM(UTC)
OmniSable

I've had experience with Pascal, C++, Java (Android SDK), Python, Bash, and some web-programming (HTML/CSS/JS/PHP).
Also, been scripting in LSL (SecondLife language) for quite a while.

Most of the time I write simple scripts and programs for personal or limited use, nothing fancy. It's not like somebody ever asked me to write a program for them, heheh.

I like Python, it's pretty convenient. Although all languages have their pros and cons 8)
Offline sfw  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:30:30 PM(UTC)
sfw

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Welcome aboard to the forums here, hope you can make it along to the con.
Offline OmniSable  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:14:58 PM(UTC)
OmniSable

Originally Posted by: sfw Go to Quoted Post
Welcome aboard to the forums here, hope you can make it along to the con.

Thank you! I've already registered for the con. Guess I'll be there in February 8)
Offline Miles T.F. Baxxter  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2014 4:42:52 PM(UTC)
Miles T.F. Baxxter

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi there OmniSable, and welcome aboard the fuzz train! Hope you'll enjoy the convention, and that you'll choose to hang around here in the forums.

Seems we're getting a decent number of attendees from Russia this year; last I checked, we had 9 registered Russian attendees.
"Sometimes the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out, can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are."
~ Twilight Sparkle
Offline OmniSable  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 8, 2014 11:25:27 AM(UTC)
OmniSable

Originally Posted by: Miles T.F. Baxxter Go to Quoted Post
Hi there OmniSable, and welcome aboard the fuzz train! Hope you'll enjoy the convention, and that you'll choose to hang around here in the forums.

Seems we're getting a decent number of attendees from Russia this year; last I checked, we had 9 registered Russian attendees.

Thanks a lot, Miles! 8)

Yeah, guess they want to prolong the fun after RusFurence XD
Offline clover  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:56:11 PM(UTC)
clover

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Belated hello and welcome OmniSable.

I hope you'll have lots of fun and good times at NFC.
Offline Gaikotsu  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 2:33:23 PM(UTC)
Gaikotsu

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Привет and welcome to NFC! I'm currently on exchange in Russia, trying my best to learn the language. It'd be fun to have a chat in Russian some time! :)
Offline OmniSable  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 2:06:47 PM(UTC)
OmniSable

Originally Posted by: Gaikotsu Go to Quoted Post
Привет and welcome to NFC! I'm currently on exchange in Russia, trying my best to learn the language. It'd be fun to have a chat in Russian some time! :)

Awwww, Gaikotsu, I missed you at NFC2015. I've just read this post. 8(

But, thank you for coming to Polyglot Corner at EF21, it's been a pleasure to meet you!

I'm thinking of organizing it at NFC2016 as well. 8)