logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Morgrim  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 1:01:01 AM(UTC)
Morgrim

Hello dudes and dudette's... I'm an old-time swedish dungeonmaster (not THAT kind of dungeon though) :3
who's considering bringing a pen n' paper rolelaying game...if the situation/need would arise.

Pondering a one-shot adventure of course, with a couple of hours of playtime....

The question is... what kind of rpg would you like?
i'm considering bringing some ready-made characters, dice, and materials though... for some social fun and dice-rolling during NFC.

What say you? Theme/franchize? Most obvious question would be: Something furry-themed of course!?

....also considering bringing the much loved "cards against humanity" as well..

Suggestions/thoughts/ideas?

Bring 'em!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 8, 2015 8:09:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Experi  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:23:13 PM(UTC)
Experi

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You mean a bit like the game neverending nightmares ? THat is a pen and paper based game, not an rpg though, but 2d point & click.

Edited by user Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:25:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline staghorne  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 1:44:56 AM(UTC)
staghorne

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey there Morgrim,

Cool idea! I'm not an RPG player myself, so I can't really say what people want. However, I do know that there have been small, one-night, theme-relevant RPG sessions at previous NFCs. My impression is that these sessions were quite a small niche, but well liked among those who enjoy such games.

Hopefully some past NFC RPG participants will join the discussion here. I know that several of the past events were DMed by the Norwegian furry Ziggy, using some kind of electronic interface on a tablet, but Ziggy doesn't seem to be registered for 2016.

Cards Against Humanity, which you also mention, has been a staple at NFC ever since the beginning, more recently supplemented with Cards Against Furries as well.
Offline Morgrim  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 11:33:05 PM(UTC)
Morgrim

Made my own "cards against furries" now, with some other fun cards, to spice it all up. I'm ready for NFC now :)
Offline Morgrim  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 8:03:52 PM(UTC)
Morgrim

I'm conisidering using the pathfinder system, fairly easy and a standard rules-system used by many rpg-systems.
Also: The theme is of course "Finding the lost city of Atlantis". With furry characters of different classes of course!Laugh
Offline Morgrim  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 12:36:28 PM(UTC)
Morgrim

I've submitted an rpg-event and the cardgame-event to NFC staff, see if this'll work out.... :)
Offline Rattie  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:57:40 AM(UTC)
Rattie

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Morgrim. Furry system most certainly!
How about the pathfinder system. Or maybe the system friend "Fenris" is suggesting: it's called "Faith". I would also suggest "Ironclaw". See you at NFC!
Offline Morgrim  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 2:42:25 PM(UTC)
Morgrim

Well.... apparently there won't be any official rpg "event" in the schedule, as I couldn't get any specific room or play-area booked...so..

But I'll be bringing the rpg stuff none the less, and hope to find a good spot for roleplaying somewhere at the con-halls or maybe..at the hotels =) ?

Still offering to come and play, but I have to find a nice secluded spot to set it up, when I finally get there.... I think it's the best shot i've got so far.. :/

Any thoughts or ideas?
Offline AoNekoAmaru  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 3:53:19 PM(UTC)
AoNekoAmaru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Morgrim Go to Quoted Post
I'll be bringing the rpg stuff none the less, and hope to find a good spot for roleplaying somewhere at the con-halls

There are rooms dedicated for board/cardgames (with an assortment of games) so feel free to bring people there and set up sessions anytime. ;3
▀█▀ ARCADE ROOM ARCHITECT ▄█▀
Offline Sayh  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 7:54:01 PM(UTC)
Sayh

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Morgrim Go to Quoted Post
Well.... apparently there won't be any official rpg "event" in the schedule, as I couldn't get any specific room or play-area booked...so..
But I'll be bringing the rpg stuff none the less, and hope to find a good spot for roleplaying somewhere at the con-halls or maybe..at the hotels =) ?
Still offering to come and play, but I have to find a nice secluded spot to set it up, when I finally get there.... I think it's the best shot i've got so far.. :/
Any thoughts or ideas?

Hi, saying no to this was not really that fun, as I think such roleplaying is greatly appropriated with many furs, and I do hope you will be able to run such a session.

The reason for not making it an official event in the event track, in one of the event rooms, is that the events should be a bit more open to a larger audience.

An event "limited" to about 5 people, simply is too small.
Offline Morgrim  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 3:32:28 PM(UTC)
Morgrim

Yeah, perhaps. But there was no requirement in the beginning from con-staff saying how big/small an event should be, really. And if they asked for an event, I got suggestions.. .... but i'll bring the stuff... and perhaps some other games too..
Offline Morgrim  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 3:45:20 PM(UTC)
Morgrim

ALRIGHT FOLKS!

I'll post a request-paper on a quest/bulletin board near the entrance to the arcade, where other people submit some gaming events and such..

Just look for "Atlantis - On forlorn shores" - on that bulletin board by the arcade, write your name (and telephone nr.) if you're interested in participating.

I'll try to book a room near the arcade that's nice and quiet and will be alright for some rp'ing.

This is the best I can come up with thus far. (we still haven't got the event-schedual as far as i know)

- Any suggestions on what time you'd like to play? (otherwise I'll fix that myself).

- Any people feel like they want to be included right now, by the way? "Atlantis - On forlorn shores" is suited for a group of 3-6 players. (pre-generated characters, and I'm using the pathfinder system). If the minimum requirements are met, and the people show up; I will go through with this..

Edited by user Monday, February 22, 2016 3:59:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified