logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline iimokookie  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:01:55 PM(UTC)
iimokookie

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello dear NFC,

I truly loved your con this year and I can't wait for next year even if it's not my most anticipated theme this year, as I would find it rather annoying if every fursuiter & none fursuiters were to walk around with christmas bells for an entire week.

But no matter! I am still going to join next years con~ But I feel like the roomshares were rather scattered and rather panic inducing, which could be easily avoided, as I have noticed with Confuzzled, they do the fantastic thing that they figure out if you have an agreed roomshare partner( or partners) with you to the con, if you're booking a room with more than one person.

As to prevent people from ending up sharing rooms with complete strangers (for the most part), it also makes it a lot easier for the people coming to the con to be reassured that they will share a room together.

Also if you do happen to book a place which is a 3 person room, but you have no partners to share the room with, then you'll be put on a waiting list or put into another type of room in the hotel (Depending on how quick you are), which I find to be much easier as an attendee.
Of course that means that they'd end up sharing a room with a random person, but at least it filters out those that happen to not have roomshare partners (As I originally was going to share room with two people I knew, but then one didn't get a 3 man room in the main hotel, thus making it so the third person would be by random selection, which I found rather off putting)

I know it's a first come first serve basis, but even at Confuzzled they do this first come first serve basis, that depends on your badge number with these rooms as well, where they'd ask the one with the lowest numbers first and who their roomshare partners are, then asking the partners if they agreed to it and thus making the roomshare with the people inside (though they wouldn't of course if one says no)

That's just my fair share of tips for the next con regarding roomshares, as I have plans to bring more friends with me next year to share a room with.

Other than that, I can't wait for the next year and see you there! And thank you for your time! BigGrin
thanks 1 user thanked iimokookie for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/12/2018(UTC)