logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kilorat  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:03:52 PM(UTC)
kilorat

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My only complaint is I wish I didn't have to book the room with the hotel directly if I wanted to bypass the bureaucracy and simply book a room. I was with 3 other people and I wanted to pay for the whole room, so that seemed easiest. It was frustrating that we had to book slots instead of a room, and on top of that I was supposed to email a person to make sure we had the same room?
So rather than just put up with that, I just went to the hotel website and booked the room. But later I learned that doing that got me a blue lanyard and meant I had to leave the main hotel after the last event. Nobody is forcing NFC to get in between me and my room, are they? Other than that is was a good con. You asked for feedback, so there it is.
thanks 1 user thanked kilorat for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/12/2018(UTC)

Offline Gero  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 9:19:05 AM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I totaly agree with this.

I do think that the current share system is overly hard to work through and that it should be possible to book a full room instead. In that way one person is responsible for booking and paying the room as a whole and is thus in charge of assigning room mates as they please. That system is more in line with how the hotell booking system works at normal stays and would make it possible to book a double room for yourself or stay two or three person at a four bed room. It will also let every one who books a room be in charge of whom they let into theyre room or if they want to leave that open to the system to handle.

Thus it would be much easier to handle room assignment if you are a group of travelers and it would be easier for those who travel alone to get a double room for themselves to use. G.
Offline Lyrra  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 11:25:35 AM(UTC)
Lyrra

But that means we cannot maximise the amount of attendees nfc can have, due to some people booking entire rooms to themselves.
Offline Xanadu  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:43:25 PM(UTC)
Xanadu

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Our current system also bypasses some of the problems seen with other conventions where the hotel websites are not made to handle such a heavy load. We are also able to negotiate better prices overall by having attendees purchase their accommodations through us and allowing us to make one large group purchase rather than hundreds of individual ones.
Offline Makeena  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 10:59:57 PM(UTC)
Makeena

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have to partially agree with the two posters above. Booking through the con has many advantages. And it gives quite some certainity to the hotel. Maximising the number of attendee is also important since there are no alternatives. It's virtually booked out which shows the demand that there is. It would be unfair if people couldn't participate just because others are occupying a room by themselves while it could actually hold several people. Also, I don't think you ever had to send any e-mails for room sharing during the con while paying several bookings by one person should be possible with a wire transfer. Besides, there are single rooms which are actually double rooms for one and could be filled with more people, so no-one can complain about that.

However, I don't think that the current system is ideal, it actually isn't at all. I already have been thinking of mechanisms which could solve the accomodation distribution much better. Basically, it would just be someone booking the complete room and after that booking went through, he could just pull in all the other people. The con just needs to enforce a complete occupation, so if he doesn't pull enough people for his room type then the remaining slots should still be filled with random people. This would save the partcipants from a lot of trouble like having all room mates but not having gotten the right room type (I know what I'm talking about, it's already the second time I'm in that situation).

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 11:14:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Makeena for this useful post.
First Wolf on 10/6/2018(UTC)