logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zelaphas  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:04:44 PM(UTC)
Zelaphas

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
On my first night (Wednesday) at NFC, when I checked into my hotel booking (single room at the second hotel) the hotel staff told me that NFC had "sent us too many people" and that I didn't have a room for the night. They set up a rollaway bed in a conference room in the basement for me instead.

This wasn't the end of the world but I deeply urge NFC to double check their numbers with whatever hotel(s) they book with next year so that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I'm a well-traveled person and fairly easy going, plus it was late and I had to prepare to be in the dealer's den the next morning, but under any other circumstances I'd be infuriated. Part of the point of getting a room was a place to securely store my things while I was at the con, but given that their storage unit was public/unlocked I didn't feel safe doing this and brought my entire bag with me until I could return and get my actual room the next day. The were no curtains in the windows in the basement, so I was woken up with the sun rise which meant I was exhausted for dealing the next day, plus had to bring all my clothes to the bathroom and back with me in order to change in privacy. Again, it wasn't a horrible experience and I was comped with a full meal and snacks, but this should be avoided in the future and/or better compensation should be made to those it happens to (e.g. free registration for next year).
thanks 1 user thanked Zelaphas for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/18/2019(UTC)

Offline Gero  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:33:19 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This is things that should NEVER happen. Now I do not know if the second hotel was sorely for NFC customers or had other clients to but someone are definately in fault here. G.
Offline gatorguts  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:40:44 PM(UTC)
gatorguts

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was so upset to hear this happened to you and that your only compensation was a free meal. Absolutely absurd considering you still paid for a room you never got.
Offline Gero  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 2:24:18 PM(UTC)
Gero

Originally Posted by: gatorguts Go to Quoted Post
I was so upset to hear this happened to you and that your only compensation was a free meal. Absolutely absurd considering you still paid for a room you never got.

You should take this to the NFC staff and ask for a compensation thats simular to the hotell room night you never recieved but payd for. i think thats the fair thing for them to do. G.
Offline Zelaphas  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:44:01 AM(UTC)
Zelaphas

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gero Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: gatorguts Go to Quoted Post

You should take this to the NFC staff and ask for a compensation thats simular to the hotell room night you never recieved but payd for. i think thats the fair thing for them to do. G.

Do you know how I can contact staff directly? I'm hoping they'll see this here and contact me about it, too.
Offline Gero  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 10:13:41 AM(UTC)
Gero

There is a contact information side at NFC web page and I do think they have emails to both "info at NFC" and booking department. G.
Offline Taka_  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:31:27 PM(UTC)
Taka_

Please send an email to registration@nordicfuzzcon.org and somebody will get back to you shortly regarding this.