logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:34:46 AM(UTC)
Matz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I were at NFC2018 but only for one day, so it was nice being there for the full con and getting the full experience this year!

My concern is though, both as a consumer and also being someone who is very interessted about being a seller myself in it maybe next year or so, I had some problems with the dealers den room overall.

My main issue with the dealers den were how it never felt like I could stay at some of peoples tables long enough, and if I or other people did, the lines would bottleneck at certain locations.
Most people also walked around the room in the same orientation, which made staying at peoples tables harder due to groups of people wanting to walk past everyone who stood around looking at products. It made me not want to stop at some peoples tables since I knew I would hold up the current of people going around looking at things.

Having the room have a set direction you walk in might be good too for crowd control, but if thats the case there needs to be enough space and concideration about how people will walk, stand, and how some tables will be affected, I felt bad for some tables who had tables in odd places, and how some other people had a lot of customers and the space infront was so small that everyone bottlenecked and tables around them were covered with customers from other tables.
It might be better to make multiple small ''corridors'' with the tables that CAN have a flow you can walk around, but also have small lines inbetween were you can walk and sort of get away from the current of people walking who want to walk around the room quickly. This will probably also be better for the dealers since customers can walk around in peace without being stressed from holding up people behind them.

All of these problems are something I think is mostly caused by the size of the dealers den, since it was pretty small, and I REALLY hope will be bigger in the new hotel!
Sorry if this was maybe a bit ranty and me repeating myself! It was just pretty much the main thing about the convention that made me a bit upset.

But overall I loved the convention and I'm super excited for next year!!! <3

Edited by user Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:39:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Matz for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/18/2019(UTC)

Offline Gero  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 2:42:02 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I think it worked pretty good, at least not when it was not overcrowded.

Another option is to use two or three smaller rooms at the next hotell. Then you can have an u shape set of tables around the middle square and the entreance and make it easier for buyer to get an overlook of the room and choice whomever seller they want to watch extra.