logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline skippyfox  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 4:57:03 PM(UTC)
skippyfox

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In both 2019 and 2020 there seemed to be no communication on where to line up for the fursuit parade and when and where it would kick off, outside of the large area we were meeting up. In 2019 after waiting in the crowd for a while I was lucky enough to see people moving and join in. In 2020 I was not so lucky. I was in the photo and walked around with the crowd for a while but I didn't see or hear anyone announcing how much time we had until the parade kicked off or where it would be kicking off from. I completely missed it even though I was right there with the rest of the crowd. It would be nice if someone coordinating the parade had a loudspeaker and walked around to make sure everyone was aware of how many minutes they had and where to line up so everyone could join in if they wanted.
thanks 1 user thanked skippyfox for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 4/29/2020(UTC)

Offline Timmyfox  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 5:36:45 PM(UTC)
Timmyfox

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I believe both this and last year, the parade effectively started with the fursuit group photo; so if you attended the group photo you would simply just have to follow the crowd from there.

For those who didn't attend the group photo, however, I agree that the communication probably could've been better. Looking back, the schedule from this year only says "Malmö" (which was meant to suggest that it's an outside event) though, unlike the group photo, it doesn't list any designated meetup point.
Offline daxcyro  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 7:02:20 PM(UTC)
daxcyro

Organizer of fursuit parade here. Thank you for the feedback, and thank you for the poke Timmy :)
A loud speaker is something I hope to acquire for next year.

The starting location for the last 2 years have been at the photoshot, and starts right after.
The official route is also posted a head of time in con book and online, so move toward the main route once photo is done.
Hopefully that will make things a bit easier see when it starts moving.

We're also very reliant on volunteers (SOUP) to get every fursuiters moving.
Once the parade start moving a lot of us are required to run ahead and keep things safe for everybody.
One staying behind, means one less safeguarding crossings, stairs and more.
Thus if you got 1 or 2 nonsuiting friends, we would love all the help we can get to get people moving.
Both the photoshot and the parade requires a lot of championship cat herding.