logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Kheldis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:13:17 PM(UTC)
Kheldis

Hello o/

What's the best way to get from Arlanda airport to the hotel (and back)?

I'm carrying a fursuit with me so I really don't want to change busses/trains/walk too much ^..^;

Taxi is probably too expensive if going alone. I wonder how much it would be if it were full of furries...?

-Kheldis
Everything good in life is either illegal, immoral or makes you fat.

Offline Panterdjuret  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:43:22 PM(UTC)
Panterdjuret

Good evening.

If you want the quickest option, I would suggest Arlanda Express to Stockholm Central and then change there to the commuter train towards Västerhaninge or Nynäshamn, jumping off at Handen.

There are also buses gong from Arlanda to Stockholm Central, and then you can take the commuter train as in the first example.

These two alternatives are more expensive than using the local traffic alternatives.
There is a local bus going from Arlanda to Märsta (ca 15 minutes) and from Märsta you can take the commuter train to Stockholm Central (ca 30 minutes) and change to the train from Stockholm Central to Västerhaninge/Nynäshamn (ca 25 minutes).

I hope that helps. :3

/Pao
Offline sfw  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 8:13:19 PM(UTC)
sfw

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I really do recommend the Arlanda Express (http://www.arlandaexpress.com/start.aspx), it might be more expensive, but it's quick and comfortable. The airport coaches are run by Flygbussarna (http://www.flygbussarna.se/).

I don't suggest that you get the taxies, they are far more expensive then the other options.
Offline equium  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:00:13 PM(UTC)
equium

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's just over an hour (with a change at Stockholm Central) from Arlanda to Handen, and will set you back roughly 300SEK, according to sj.se.

If I recall correctly, (which I may not, it's been a couple of years), the Flygbussarna is about 80 sek to Stockholm Central and will take 45m to an hour to get into the city centre.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:01:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Välkommen,
välkommen hit,
vem du än är,
var du än är
<3
Offline NewEinstein  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:15:09 PM(UTC)
NewEinstein

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
As far as I know the commuter trains will start services to Arlanda in December. So you can take the Stockholm commuter trains (www.sl.se) from the airport to the hotel with just one change at Stockholm Central - it should even be the case that both trains are on the same platform at Stockholm Central.

EIN
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)
Offline Gero  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:45:36 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There severel ways to go between the airport and the convention hotel.

The cheapest way is to use SLs bus nr 683 to Märsta and change to commuter train to Södertälje Hamn (or subsequent stops, such as Östertälje.) and change at anyone of the stops between Karlberg and Älvsjö, including Stockhom Central. That will only require a standard SL ticket in both directions. But remember youll have to buy tickets BEFORE jumping on the SL services!

Second cheapest is probebly the commuter services (if its operational then) but it will require an aditional fee (ca 75 SEK one way with SL card.) and change train as above.

Another option is to take Flygbussarna, or airport coaches to Cityterminalen (next to central station) and change to commuter train there, but that would cost just above 100 SEK for an adult ticket, one way.

Another option is to take a taxi cab to Märsta and change to comuter train there as in first post, but youll have to remember that it would be expencier and most taxi drivers wouldnt be that happy to take such a short ride after the long waiting time they have at Arlanda.

Then there is an option to take the Arlanda Express train to central station and change to comuter train there, but thats a really expencive option running at,ah, I think its about 200/250 SEK one way, and youll still need the time on the commuter train.

Last you can take a taxi cab from Arlanda directly to the hotel, or to the central station, but that would set you back at least 500 SEK or even more per taxi. But it could be a good option if youre a group of fursuiters charing a cab. Remember to let the taxi company know that youre travel with oversized baggage if you pre book the trip!

Also regarding all taxi trips in sweden: There is dozens of taxi companies charging indivdual prices, and some are known to charge tourists with prices in the range of severel tousends SEK for a one way trip between Arlanda and Central Station, so be sure to check prices in advance before jumping on a taxi! To be on the safe side always choice one off the three big companies, Taxi Stockholm (with the phone number 08-15 00 00 on theyre cars) Taxi 020 or Taxi Kurir to get fair prices.

Hope it helps!
Offline trax  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:12:56 AM(UTC)
trax

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NewEinstein Go to Quoted Post
As far as I know the commuter trains will start services to Arlanda in December. So you can take the Stockholm commuter trains (www.sl.se) from the airport to the hotel with just one change at Stockholm Central - it should even be the case that both trains are on the same platform at Stockholm Central.

EIN

This will be the cheapest option. I would however advice you to change commuter trains in Stockholms Södra. It somewhat indoors compared to the other stations.
Your friendly neighbourhood house cat in the couch department.
Offline Gero  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:33:14 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The SL (www.sl.se) commuter train is now running between Arlanda and Älvsjö (eg Uppsala-Älvsjö with changable stops at Karlberg, Stockholm Central and Stockholm Södra where you can change to the Bålsta/Kungsängen-Nynänshamn line. Its runs half hour day time and hourly on late evenings but youll need a SL ticket that you only can buy on the station, and when you travel to Arlanda youll need to save youre ticket cause theres an exit controll where you need to show it at the station. Other than that its the transportation I would currently recomend since its fairly pricy and only requires one change to get to the con hotel.