logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DJ Tiger  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:19:43 AM(UTC)
DJ Tiger

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey y'all! I know i saw some transgender furs on EF so i want to create a space here on NFC for us :3
Yes, I am a transgender fur myself so dont be shy ^^, dare to be you! ^^

I think a Terminology list is in due place here even if i was hoping i might not need it.
THE TEXT BELOW IS STRAIGHT FROM WIKIPEDIA.

Genderqueer (GQ; alternatively non-binary) is a catch-all category for gender identities other than man and woman, thus outside of the gender binary and cisnormativity.
People who identify as genderqueer may think of themselves as one or more of the following:
  • both man and woman (bigender, trigender, pangender)
  • neither man nor woman (nongendered, genderless, agender)
  • moving between genders (genderfluid)
  • third gender or other-gendered; includes those who do not place a name to their gender

Some genderqueer people also desire physical modification or hormones to suit their preferred expression. Many genderqueer people see gender and sex as separable aspects of a person and sometimes identify as a male woman, a female man, or a male/female/intersex genderqueer person. Gender identity is defined as one's internal sense of being a woman, man, both, or neither, while sexual identity refers to an individual's enduring physical, romantic, and/or emotional attraction to others. As such, genderqueer people may have a variety of sexual orientations, as with transgender and cisgender people.

Transgender is a general term applied to a variety of individuals, behaviors, and groups involving tendencies to vary from culturally conventional gender roles.
Transgender is the state of one's gender identity (self-identification as woman, man, neither or both) not matching one's assigned sex (identification by others as male, female or intersex based on physical/genetic sex). Transgender does not imply any specific form of sexual orientation; transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, polysexual, or asexual; some may consider conventional sexual orientation labels inadequate or inapplicable to them. The precise definition for transgender remains in flux, but includes:
  • "Of, relating to, or designating a person whose identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional notions of male or female gender roles, but combines or moves between these."
  • "People who were assigned a sex, usually at birth and based on their genitals, but who feel that this is a false or incomplete description of themselves."
  • "Non-identification with, or non-presentation as, the sex (and assumed gender) one was assigned at birth."

A transgender individual may have characteristics that are normally associated with a particular gender, identify elsewhere on the traditional gender continuum, or exist outside of it as other, agender, genderqueer, or third gender. Transgender people may also identify as bigender, or along several places on either the traditional transgender continuum, or the more encompassing continuums which have been developed in response to the significantly more detailed studies done in recent years. Furthermore, many transgender people go through a period of identity development, marked by increases in understanding of one's self-image, self-reflection, and self-expression. More specifically, the degree to which individuals feel genuine, authentic, and comfortable within their external appearance and accept their genuine identity is referred to as transgender congruence.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:34:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Panterdjuret  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:35:52 PM(UTC)
Panterdjuret

I'm not exactly transgender myself but I'm very ambigender. I don't usually see myself as neither female nor male, and I would be happier if my biological gender was a neutral one. The first fursona I created (I made him up a few months ago) is male though, and it just feels as if that is what he should be. I have roleplayed as a female before, but my gender identity is... very complicated.

I don't know if this means I'm welcome here or not. Tell me off if I'm not. :p

/Pao
Offline DJ Tiger  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:45:09 PM(UTC)
DJ Tiger

of course you are welcome Pao! so are crossdressers and people who are just curious about it all and want to ask questions :3
just be nice and polite! some transgender furs can be more sensitive than others cause of the mood swings one can get when doing Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Offline neonpossum  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:03:33 PM(UTC)
neonpossum

Both I, and my boyfriend (Otter--face on FA)are female-to-male transgender :D Nice to see other TG furs about!
Offline DJ Tiger  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 5:12:26 PM(UTC)
DJ Tiger

Originally Posted by: neonpossum Go to Quoted Post
Both I, and my boyfriend (Otter--face on FA)are female-to-male transgender :D Nice to see other TG furs about!

^_^ hope you will come to the con :3
if there are enough of us, i can try to set up a meet or something :3
Offline neonpossum  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 11:22:27 PM(UTC)
neonpossum

Sure! That'd be cool :D I might have finally started hormones by then too n.n
Offline abby-fennec  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:26:24 PM(UTC)
abby-fennec

Im not really a Trans but im a genderqueer :3
Im Abby Fennec from Iceland and im the Admin of http://www.icelandfurs.org
Offline DJ Tiger  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:23:20 PM(UTC)
DJ Tiger

Originally Posted by: Abby-Fennec Go to Quoted Post

but you are still welcome in our little group ^^
Offline abby-fennec  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:35:10 PM(UTC)
abby-fennec

Originally Posted by: DJ Tiger Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Abby-Fennec Go to Quoted Post

but you are still welcome in our little group ^^

Yay Thank you ^^
Im Abby Fennec from Iceland and im the Admin of http://www.icelandfurs.org
Offline SarahLynx  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:40:22 PM(UTC)
SarahLynx

Hello again. I'd like to meet up with you.
Offline Gero  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:45:58 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
While I do put myself in the bisexual category I dont see myself as a TG, however it would be fun to have a female fursuit character at some point, but I dont know if thats count as TG? (Actually I have a ref art of a future female cat on my FA account.)
Offline DJ Tiger  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:35:57 PM(UTC)
DJ Tiger

Originally Posted by: Gero Go to Quoted Post
While I do put myself in the bisexual category I dont see myself as a TG, however it would be fun to have a female fursuit character at some point, but I dont know if thats count as TG? (Actually I have a ref art of a future female cat on my FA account.)

not really Gero, that is more like Crossdressing or Crossplay (heavy used word in manga and anime scenes. A combination word of Cos-play and Cross-dress).

I think a Terminology list is in due place here even if i was hoping i might not need it.

I have updated my first post accordingly as i feel it needs to be at the top
Offline Gero  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:56:23 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ive runned into the term CD a few times, so I am a bit familiar with that. Well I definately has a female side tucked in somewhere in myself (My fursona is a wee bit feminine even thou hes a male fur) somewhere but I dont see myself as a female.
Offline DJ Tiger  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:43:21 AM(UTC)
DJ Tiger

Originally Posted by: Gero Go to Quoted Post
Ive runned into the term CD a few times, so I am a bit familiar with that. Well I definately has a female side tucked in somewhere in myself (My fursona is a wee bit feminine even thou hes a male fur) somewhere but I dont see myself as a female.

Exactly. But Transgender and Genderqueer do.

Often to the degree where they can get suicidal because they are not as they should be.

What you describe to me does not fit any Trans* description.