logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Panterdjuret  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 5:00:10 PM(UTC)
Panterdjuret

I have never been to a convention before, and my experience with fursuit badges is therefore pretty much nil. I have seen that some images contain the name, others do not. I have now made two fursuit badge images, one with a name and one without it, but I am very insecure which one of them I should use.

So; how does a fursuit badge look like? What name will be on it? Do I need the fursona name in the image for things to make sense?

I will be very happy for any suggestions and/or information! :3

/Pao

Offline sfw  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 8:36:35 PM(UTC)
sfw

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
It's really all up to you! It's a lot easier to put up the name on the badge so people know who the suit is, not really who owns it.
Offline trax  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 4:23:15 PM(UTC)
trax

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
A bit late but i use my nick as Wearer on the fursuit badge. We are looking into if this field is needed at all since you have to wear your conbadge at all times.
Your friendly neighbourhood house cat in the couch department.
Offline sfw  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:32:54 AM(UTC)
sfw

I think the poster was more on about the badges that you can wear normally for a suit, not convention produced ones for ID.
Offline Panterdjuret  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:48:04 PM(UTC)
Panterdjuret

Yes, I was mostly asking about the image part of the fursuiter badge and whether the name should be in the image or not, as I have seen badge images with names in them before. If the name of the fursona (in my case Janath) did not appear on the fursuit badge in any other way, having the name in the picture would make sense because otherwise there would be no other way of knowing. If the name did appear on the fursuit badge in another place, then having the name also in the picture would feel rather unnecessary and also look a bit cluttered.

That was why I also asked more general questions about the rest of the badge and how they tend to look.

I settled on a picture without the name and I hope this will work well. This is not about having my name on the badge or not; I wrote both Janath and Panterdjuret down (Nickname/Wearer), but just trying to figure out why some have their names in the actual images and some do not. Perhaps I'm just unintelligible, because people seem to be missing the point of what I asked about. I apologise if this post is long and redundant, but I hope at least this way it will seem clearer. :/

Thank you for your answers though! I'm grateful that you have been trying to help, so I will try to formulate the question in two parts instead. What are your thoughts about having one's name in one's images/avatars? How did you decide on how to do with yours? :3

/Pao
Offline sfw  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:59:40 PM(UTC)
sfw

If on con produced suit badges I don't upload the name in an image as it's going to be too small to read. They normally print the names anyway.

For normal badges I always have the suit name on.