logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline aapur  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:28:43 PM(UTC)
aapur

So i have mentioned this once before, in the suggestion thread, and now I'm making this thread so I can get some highly wanted info.

well. I did get a reply now, which says that this can be arranged, but for that to happen must you guys bring the equipment.
because setting up a Poll isn't that easy would it be better if you replied with one of these options:

1. Yes, I can bring equipment for others
2. Yes, I can bring equipment for others, but I won't participate. I will be a judge instead
3. Yes, I can bring equipment for me and others, and I will join the games
4. Yes, I can bring equipment for myself and I will join the games
5. No, I can't bring equipment, but if I get equipment will I join the games
6. No, I can't bring equipment, but I want to be a judge instead
7. No, I can't bring equipment and I'm not planning on joining the games

Fast feedback will be appreciated.

And some extra info, just so you all know what the plan is(if this becomes an event):
We're planning to divide everyone into pairs, where a pair have to cooperate to survive. However. if your teammate is down will you still be able to fight, but it is more likely that you will be shot that way. It is supposed to be for fun, so no hard feeling if one looses.
We will try to keep the battle outside the hotel and in an area with not too many bystanders, mostly to prevent property damage and hurting people.

and for those who don't know what a Nerf Gun is:
Nerf Guns
Yes, it's those that shoot suction darts. Normally not able to do any damage.

Thanks for your attention.
~Aapur

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:52:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sfw  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:42:14 AM(UTC)
sfw

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Nerf guns always make me twitch fro a safety view, however I suspect the hotel would be more interested in anything being broken. Have you emailed the events team to see if they can find a room with time for you? That keeps them away from people who really dont' like them and gives things a bit more of a gentle introduction for those who aren't aware of them.
Offline aapur  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:42:57 PM(UTC)
aapur

Originally Posted by: sfw Go to Quoted Post
Nerf guns always make me twitch fro a safety view, however I suspect the hotel would be more interested in anything being broken. Have you emailed the events team to see if they can find a room with time for you? That keeps them away from people who really dont' like them and gives things a bit more of a gentle introduction for those who aren't aware of them.

I did get a message from them which is why i made this thread. a room without breakable items could work too
Offline staghorne  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:44:42 PM(UTC)
staghorne

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sfw Go to Quoted Post

I have indeed been in contact with Aapur. The weapons section of the NFC Rules of Conduct is clear that Nerf guns are not permissible indoors, but that they may be used outdoors as long as proper care is taken. There is a forested area adjacent to the hotel which could be used for Nerf battles, well away from those who are not interested in participating.

As long as everyone agrees it can be made safe and responsible, I don't see a problem if interested attendees engage in a Nerf gun tournament. I know a few US cons have had Nerf events. However, I'm not the most experienced with these toys, and welcome discussion and others' thoughts.
Offline staghorne  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:50:37 PM(UTC)
staghorne

Originally Posted by: aapur Go to Quoted Post
Yes, it's those that shoot suction darts. Normally not able to do any damage.

I'm confused. I thought the projectiles were made of foam? Do they have suction cups on the front ends?
Offline sfw  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 10:43:08 AM(UTC)
sfw

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
There are different designs, suction cups are one, there are two basic types of foam dart. One is a whistler that makes a noise as it passed through the air, the other is a basic foam dart.

Normally before being allowed any use at a con event they must be checked by security to ensure they have not been modified to have excessive power or the like.

You can also get disc firing nerf branded guns as well.
thanks 2 users thanked sfw for this useful post.
aapur on 2/1/2013(UTC), staghorne on 2/4/2013(UTC)
Offline ziggy_wolf  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2013 3:32:11 PM(UTC)
ziggy_wolf

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sure, I`d join any fight.
Seeing that the theme is vikings vs pirates, Who fancies a swordfight?
Any larpers out there?

Edited by user Sunday, February 3, 2013 3:36:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Because the voices in my head tell me to

Offline WolfKendo  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2013 1:32:01 PM(UTC)
WolfKendo

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Offline ratwolf  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 9:13:46 AM(UTC)
ratwolf

http://www.youtube.com/u...l0monky6666?feature=mhee
▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒
Offline AoNekoAmaru  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 10:23:03 AM(UTC)
AoNekoAmaru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

That is, if participants are allowed to choose who they get paired, because then I'd gladly purchase a set for my girlfriend and I plus some extra ammo. =3

Are you considering the small forested area down the spiral walkway, on the other side of the railroad, as a potential battle zone or something bigger and/or further away from the lake and railroad (long-distance rifles being a bad choice for close-combat areas and people likely wanting to avoid shooting their ammo into the lake or surrounding waterworks)?

And around what time of the day would the battle(s) occur (the white Glow-in-the-dark ammo would look cooler and be easier to find post-battle during the night but quite a challenge to find during the day if the snow is still with us =P)?

I guess people will register their weapon and ammo type/count before battle to check that list out after battle but missing stray bullets aren't rare, so if we manage to agree on a most common ammo type(s) I could probably invest in some extra reserve ammo of those for during the battle (exposed central ammo crate anyone~ xD) and to pad the ammo losses later.
▀█▀ ARCADE ROOM ARCHITECT ▄█▀
Offline WolfKendo  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 2:39:26 PM(UTC)
WolfKendo

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Offline AoNekoAmaru  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:47:34 PM(UTC)
AoNekoAmaru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Is this activity going to happen at NFC? Looking at the snow falling out the window I'm kind of wondering about who'd feel like participating and the equipment needed for snow-time NERF fun and I'd need to go NERF-shopping with the girlfriend this weekend if this is still actual (I could always have the NERF equipment and warm clothing in reserve in the room in case, I'd just want to know the chances of this happening, even if only a handful of participants would be involved).
▀█▀ ARCADE ROOM ARCHITECT ▄█▀
Offline staghorne  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:20:33 PM(UTC)
staghorne

Originally Posted by: AoNekoAmaru Go to Quoted Post
Is this activity going to happen at NFC?

Sadly, no; there won't be any Nerf arrangements this year. Aapur confirmed with me some time ago that there never were enough people, and we couldn't find a good place for staging battles anyhow.

Thank you for your interest, though. We'll see how things evolve in future years.