logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AraqueKimahri  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:24:09 PM(UTC)
AraqueKimahri

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So I'm arriving at Arlanda airport and I want to have everything clear (last year I got off at the wrong station...). Unfortunately I can't get the FuzzBus so I gotta go on my own to the main hotel, and no matter how many times I read the Travel Information website, the first sentence of the "Ticket advice - PRO TIP!" section always confuses me:

Quote:
If you want as few transfers as possible you avoid one bus by paying 70 SEK extra (total 124 SEK (14 Euro)) to get a zone BC and train ticket.

Does it refer to the paragraph of traveling from Arlanda? or travelling from Stockholm?
And which bus do you avoid exactly? The one from Arlanda to Märsta?
If I can take the train at Arlanda airport with that "protip" ticket, wouldn't it be like cheating? because instead of paying the 120sek fee you only pay 70sek. Is that correct??

Thanks.

Offline Gero  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 6:52:37 AM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The ticket information needs an update on that page since SL has reduced the zones involved in its transportation system.

The key thing to keep in mind is that if you board the commuter trains at the Arlanda train station you need to pay an extra fee besides the normal SL ticket needed for any SL transportation.

The best way to avoid that is to take bus 583 to Märsta and board the southbound commuter (Pendeltåg) train there. This will save you about 100 SEK per travel for an 20 minutes buss ride.

In all those cases you need to by an SL ticket that suits youre transportation before boarding the buss or the train and there is numerous automatic machines and other vendors where you can do so.

Another option you have is to grab a Taxi from outside the terminals and direct it to travel to Scandic Infra City. That is recommended if you are a number of furs travelling together or can coordinate youre arivial or have a lot of luggage you dont want to carry around a lot. In that case remember to ask about price in advance and use one of the three major companies such as Stockholm Taxi or Taxi 020, otherwise you risk paying much more than expected for the trip.

Edited by user Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:55:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline AraqueKimahri  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:37:36 PM(UTC)
AraqueKimahri

Now that the con is over I can confirm it wasn't that difficult haha but yeah, I would totally encourage staff to update that page for next year :)

Actually, it would be super nice to explain also how to come back to Arlanda from the hotel, I mean, just let know attendees that travel ticket can be bought at ICA market (cashiers knew about the aiport fees and helped me) and that the bus stop was on the hotel street, going out from the lobby just to the right (I even think all the busses stopping in there took you to the train station, so it was impossible to get on the wrong one).
Offline First Wolf  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 4:54:22 PM(UTC)
First Wolf

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I did not know where at Arlanda the fuzzbuss was taking off and was not confident on taking the regular bus, I took a random cap outside the airport, wich I had been warned would be expensive and it was.
May the fur be with you!
Offline AraqueKimahri  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5:46:23 PM(UTC)
AraqueKimahri

Originally Posted by: First Wolf Go to Quoted Post
I did not know where at Arlanda the fuzzbuss was taking off and was not confident on taking the regular bus, I took a random cap outside the airport, wich I had been warned would be expensive and it was.

It was at the Arrivals area on Terminal 5 :) They said it on twitter/telegram as far as I remember, but I hear you, it's kinda confusing when you don't know really well the aiport and stuff. Actually, I knew it was on terminal 5 but I almost lost it because I wasn't in the correct floor, stupid me... Thank God, last minute I saw there was a staff member with a hoodie that said "NordicFuzzCon" and I knew that was the correct place.