logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline abby-fennec  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:28:06 PM(UTC)
abby-fennec

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How much money will i need with me? I want to shop a little at the con and maybe shop at h&m. I just got payed from work and i want to be sure i dont spended to much before the con. Also will there be partys every night?
Im Abby Fennec from Iceland and im the Admin of http://www.icelandfurs.org

Offline NewEinstein  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 1:49:21 PM(UTC)
NewEinstein

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
We will have dances on thursday, friday and saturday evening.

You will need money for food and drinks. The breakfast is included in the room price of the hotel but you still need to buy some snack for lunch and a dinner (which will be offered by the hotel or you get stuff in the surrounding area). Then in addition maybe some money for purchases in the dealers den if you want to buy or commission something.

regards

EIN
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)
Offline abby-fennec  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:11:15 PM(UTC)
abby-fennec

Originally Posted by: NewEinstein Go to Quoted Post
We will have dances on thursday, friday and saturday evening.

You will need money for food and drinks. The breakfast is included in the room price of the hotel but you still need to buy some snack for lunch and a dinner (which will be offered by the hotel or you get stuff in the surrounding area). Then in addition maybe some money for purchases in the dealers den if you want to buy or commission something.

regards

EIN

So my friend says i need about 3000sek would that be enough for everything? :3
Offline Gero  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:59:53 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Its really hard to say since its depending on how much money you plan to spend on things like meals, drinks and what you plan to buy at the con. If you plan to eat at Mcdonalds or simular places you can be fine with 100 SEK per meal but if youre in for a more upscale reasturant you can easily spent 1000 SEK per meal or more, so its really hard to guess. If you have any previous experiences with weekend trips to european capital cities I would roughly plan with roughly that amount of spending money if you didnt do anything more expencive such as theathre visits at that holiday.

As for the sum you menitioned I would say you generally would be nice with 3000 SEK, at least if youd not plan to drink a lot of drinks, cause alcohol prices are generally a bit high both at cons and in sweden in generall.
Offline abby-fennec  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 4:39:40 PM(UTC)
abby-fennec

Originally Posted by: Gero Go to Quoted Post
Its really hard to say since its depending on how much money you plan to spend on things like meals, drinks and what you plan to buy at the con. If you plan to eat at Mcdonalds or simular places you can be fine with 100 SEK per meal but if youre in for a more upscale reasturant you can easily spent 1000 SEK per meal or more, so its really hard to guess. If you have any previous experiences with weekend trips to european capital cities I would roughly plan with roughly that amount of spending money if you didnt do anything more expencive such as theathre visits at that holiday.

As for the sum you menitioned I would say you generally would be nice with 3000 SEK, at least if youd not plan to drink a lot of drinks, cause alcohol prices are generally a bit high both at cons and in sweden in generall.

but could i bring some with me and keep at a friend house that will save me some money right?
Offline trax  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 8:05:19 PM(UTC)
trax

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Abby-Fennec Go to Quoted Post

but could i bring some with me and keep at a friend house that will save me some money right?

McDonalds range from 50-90SEK depending on what you take. Pizza can be bought from 60-70SEK. The hotel will have a variety of assortments that starts at around 30-70SEK (Prices are not set yet).
Your friendly neighbourhood house cat in the couch department.
Offline abby-fennec  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 8:27:47 PM(UTC)
abby-fennec

Originally Posted by: trax Go to Quoted Post

McDonalds range from 50-90SEK depending on what you take. Pizza can be bought from 60-70SEK. The hotel will have a variety of assortments that starts at around 30-70SEK (Prices are not set yet).

is there a place at the hotel where i can cook my own food?
Offline trax  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 9:17:30 PM(UTC)
trax

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: trax Go to Quoted Post

is there a place at the hotel where i can cook my own food?

3000SEK would get you through the convention. Should not be a problem.

Cooking = no. The hotel can most likely allow you to use their microwave but that's about it.
Your friendly neighbourhood house cat in the couch department.
Offline Miles T.F. Baxxter  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 1:33:34 PM(UTC)
Miles T.F. Baxxter

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
There is also the 500 SEK deposit for the hotel. (Hotel policy, unfortunately.) So need to consider that when working on your budget. You'll get the money back at the end of your stay there as long as everything is in order with the room.

But you can also use your room key (which is also your convention badge!) as a "credit card" of sorts to pay for drinks, dinner, or anything else at the hotel, and your deposit will then go towards paying your tab. So you can still use that money, but only at the hotel.
"Sometimes the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out, can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are."
~ Twilight Sparkle