logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline abby-fennec  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:45:55 PM(UTC)
abby-fennec

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is is possible ? I will fly from iceland on 27 march at 7:35 in the morning icelandic time so i will get to ARN at 11:30 and then i have to take a bus to the hotel and i dno how long that will take and i dont wanna end up standing in side the hotel for some hours with all my bags and stuff :x
Im Abby Fennec from Iceland and im the Admin of http://www.icelandfurs.org

Offline NewEinstein  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:59:12 PM(UTC)
NewEinstein

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
We have the guarantee that the rooms are ready at 15:00. We expect that most of them will be ready earlier for check-in but there is no guarantee on that.

The bigger problem right now is that also our registration - to which you have to go first - is scheduled to open at 15:00 together with the hotel check-in. I am not sure if I will be able to open our registration earlier.

Otherwise you can maybe just store the bags with the hotel until we open check-in and use the time in between to get some lunch or such while not having to take care of the bags.

EIN
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)
Offline abby-fennec  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:12:36 PM(UTC)
abby-fennec

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NewEinstein Go to Quoted Post
We have the guarantee that the rooms are ready at 15:00. We expect that most of them will be ready earlier for check-in but there is no guarantee on that.

The bigger problem right now is that also our registration - to which you have to go first - is scheduled to open at 15:00 together with the hotel check-in. I am not sure if I will be able to open our registration earlier.

Otherwise you can maybe just store the bags with the hotel until we open check-in and use the time in between to get some lunch or such while not having to take care of the bags.

EIN

ahh that would be nice if the could keep the bags for me i could look around in Stockholm before the registration then :3 thats why i booked i flight so early so i would have time to look around
Im Abby Fennec from Iceland and im the Admin of http://www.icelandfurs.org
Offline Gero  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:25:45 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If youre flight arrives at ARN 11:30 its unlikely that youll be in the hotell area until say 13:00 to 13:30 due to the fact that it usually (if you use Comuter train) will take the better part off an hour to get to the con hotel from Arlanda, thus you can expect probebly half an hour or so (minimum) to clear the luggage recover and customs and get to the airport train station. Given that the waiting time til the con registration opens doesnt sound that far to me, maybe spent some time grabbing a snack or lunch before heading for the hotell would do?

Edited by user Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:26:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline trax  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:32:49 PM(UTC)
trax

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I would most likely also then do something in Stockholm before heading to the hotel.

Also i would recommend the commuter train instead of the bus since it's more convenient. SL is responsible for the traffic in Stockholm and if you go to,

http://reseplanerare.sl.se/bin/query.exe/en?sl=1&REQ0JourneyStopsS0A=&REQ0JourneyStopsZ0A=1@O&S=Arlanda+C&Z=Handen+(Haninge)&REQ0JourneyStopsSID=&REQ0JourneyStopsZID=A%3d1%40O%3dHanden+(Haninge)%40X%3d18136689%40Y%3d59167556%40U%3d74%40L%3d300109730%40B%3d1%40p%3d1363260091%40&getstop=1

Click on the url, don't mind the from text and press search.

From station should be Arlanda C (Sigtuna)
To station should be Handen (Haninge)

If you prefer bus, then go to Flygbussarna. They are the ones driving from the airport to Stockholm C.
http://www.flygbussarna.se/en

Edited by user Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:33:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Your friendly neighbourhood house cat in the couch department.