logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gero  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 11:04:11 AM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks for a wonderfull con and thanks to the amazing staff, with a special thanks to Pinky. Everything runned remarkebly well for a first con and I would like to think that her experties was a huge contrubition to that, even thou all the other guyes and girls in the staff did an marvellous jobb throughout the con, kudos!

As for feedback I can only ad:

-Loved the pocket time table, every con should have it!
-Was a good range of events, but friday got very conquested over thursday and saterday, lots of events started at 14:00 on friday for example.
-Would have loved a couple of more dedicated fursuiting events, such as outings, bowling and simular stuff outside the hotell. I know its hard to manage with 50+ fursuiters, but still its great fun to do.
-Would love a masquerade event for next year, a friendly competition show where prices are given to best participants in a number of categories.
-Some sort of info corner where participants could post unofficial events that they plans and wants to draw people to, like outings and roomparties would be neat, also it would be a neat place to post overall con timetable and delays and whatsnots.
-For every one who wants a good night sleep I suggest that you implimate a "quite time" in the room areas, as it was now it worked perfectly (at least on my floor) up till early saterday night when it was quite a lot noises going on up til 1 am or so. Maybe you could have some dedicated "room parties floors" and some "quite floors" next year?
-Security was great, but a few outside strollers make me think that youll need more signs saying that the hotell is booked and closed for the public for next year.
-A special tag, or badge band collor for volountears would be neat, also I could recomend a volounter info event at the start of the con when you could inform every volountear whats expected from them would be a nice idea. It would also be great if you assigned a few volountears to major events so we know when to show up and to be used when needed.
-I also liked the suggestion to have a "do and dont do" list when you tick that you want to volountear that could help you assign volountears for specific tasks.
-Also it would be fun with one or two speciall events for sponsors and or volountears! Every one likes such aprophiation.

Overall a great con and I really hope to come back for NFC 2 (or whatever it will be called!)

Offline pycnopodia  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 1:23:45 PM(UTC)
pycnopodia

I think the volunteer info event is a good idea, at least for people who volunteer for the first time. And a masquerade would be a great addition for the next convention!

Not too sure about all the other things, like having info signs. Strollers will walk past them without noticing, people use word of mouth to plan events together and an unofficial info board is just not going to work as people will be just painting balls on it and not much useful/correct information :P

The hotel already has room rules and guidelines for having room parties and making noise at night, its already covered.

Thats my two swedish øre, I think you had some really good ideas for next year :)
UserPostedImage
Offline ExileFox  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 5:54:06 PM(UTC)
ExileFox

Despite my high expectations, this con was really awesome.

The only think i can think of that could be adjusted was the auction, it felt a little short on items.

I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent..
I am a mystic person following a mystic path...

http://twitter.com/TheExileFox/
Offline ratwolf  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 6:48:57 PM(UTC)
ratwolf

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ExileFox Go to Quoted Post
it felt a little short on items.

Well I guess that is pretty easy to solve get more people to make more things for the auction
http://www.youtube.com/u...l0monky6666?feature=mhee

▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒
▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒

Offline ziggy_wolf  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 9:23:55 PM(UTC)
ziggy_wolf

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
First of all a enormous thank you to the staff an all the people and animals who made this posdible.

The con semned verry well organized even more so than "non specific larger european con" as an artist I was verry pleased with the drawing area. i liked the fact that it was out in the open and not hidden away, so we could still draw and interact with other congoers. Frenzees drawing panel was absolutely hillarious, and for my part the best part of the con.
The dealers den was great, but I wish the opening times were a bit longer and that there would be more people there selling stuff. Infact I would welcome more competition since I earned enough to pay for both my trip and upkeep. Thank you so much everybody who bought my art.
I would have liked to see more big events on the main stage. I donno some sort of performance like a movie, theater, or a concert. I wish the con had lasted atleast one more day, even though my liver probably would disagree.
thanks 1 user thanked ziggy_wolf for this useful post.
smutsigasätare on 4/3/2013(UTC)
Offline mickel  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:06:54 PM(UTC)
mickel

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi! Lovely con! To be honest I had extremely low expectations due to my experiences with the Eurofurence, and was pretty much set on attending the first day and then going home. Needless to say it didn't quite turn out like I had expected, and I am very happy for it. I should have known it'd be a success given the fantastic job on the fursuit parade last year. Shame on me. My low expectations made me very reluctant to put any form of energy into preparing any events or volunteering for anything at all. I'll be sure to make amends next year. Be advised my expectations for NEXT year will be astronomical though...

Gero's info corner for spontaneous events was a great idea, I second that and envy him that I didn't think of it first. Flapper
There were a lot of people going around trying to attract people to their stuff they wanted to do. I played a couple of rousing games of "Daughters of Verona" that could have gone even better with more people, and Polo was constantly trying to get people to play "Mansions of Madness". Considering he'd apparently spent lots of money to ship a great deal of boardgames over it's a shame he didn't get more players...

Some of us were trying to start boardgaming and role playing in the lounge, but it was very loud at times. I think I mentioned that during the feedback session. As you mentioned there was a quiet area over in the other end of the lobby by the restaurant, but we simply didn't find it... Some signage perhaps, or just symbolically naming it the "quiet area for boardgaming etc" on the map might help.

Durr... what else?

Oh, right. Most heavy drinking took place in the rooms which was good. I still did see a bunch of people who were a little too tired and emotional for me to feel safe and comfortable though. I think I saw Mooie take care of one guy, kudos to you, Mooie. I know it's a difficult balance to find, and really, I wasn't physically accosted by anyone. And they were all in minority anyway.

So to summarise, uh... I would have liked it if security was a little tighter on that point but I completely understand and accept the level it was at.
Vote Bus Dook for Bus Dook.
Offline Gero  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:39:34 AM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Its great fun to read through all the feedbacks here, and I hope that the con runners take notice *Looks at a certain cat*

Another thing I noticed is that there was quite a lot off people holding open bottles and ice cream bags close to thoose in fursuits, and even hugging them while having thoose and it made me a tiny bit worried for sad fursuits fursuits, I know every one tries to be carefull but accidents can happen, so it would be great if con ops could take a look into that issue for next year, and maybe arrange some carefully selected drinking areas next to the bar or something? Most things are are washable, at least for the bodysuite, but I would be devistated is something like a bottle of bear devasted my $1000 suite. :(

Another thing to look at is if the dinner buffe could perhaps be inluded in the room or the con price? I know it was very utilised and I think even more would use it if it was already included in the price, and SEK 115 per hotel night aint that much.

Thanks again for a marvellous con! When will the booking for NFC 2014 open do you think?
Offline smutsigasätare  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:03:20 PM(UTC)
smutsigasätare

As a very bitter and pessimistic guy i had no expectations. At least not any positive ones.
This was my first con so i didn't even know where to set my expectations. But i thought that "YOLO" so i went to NFC anyway.
AND MAN LET ME TELL YOU, my non-existing expectations where blown out of reach. I had a unexpectedly (no shit) great time.
I'v never been a huge fan of fursuiters, to say the least. But i'm pretty OK with them now thanks to this con. I didn't expect some of the girls under the suits to be so appealing. I always thought it was a thing about hiding your looks and personality. ÄNYWÄJ, I don't think i have and constructive criticism really. Every staff -dude and -chick (and in-betweens) did a great job and were PURRfessional, as we like to say in our business. The only thing i could think of is maybe more art-orientated events (as in drawing and such). Unless i missed all of them because i was at the dealers den.

Originally Posted by: ziggy_wolf Go to Quoted Post
Frenzees drawing panel was absolutely hillarious, and for my part the best part of the con.
The dealers den was great, but I wish the opening times were a bit longer and that there would be more people there selling stuff.

Haha, pusspåre.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Considering i had nothing planned it went pretty well, not that i remember too much. I'll def do it next year if possible.
Sorry i left yours though, i was too hung over, haha. Even though it was intresting.

I both agree and disagree with the longer opening times in the dealers den. I would have needed a bit more time to sell the last couple of fanzines of but at the same time i missed so many panels and shit because i had to sit and make them dollah billzzz in the dealers den. I'm sure there are gonna be more people next year though, the word of the con has a year to spread.

Originally Posted by: Gero Go to Quoted Post
Another thing I noticed is that there was quite a lot off people holding open bottles and ice cream bags close to thoose in fursuits, and even hugging them while having thoose and it made me a tiny bit worried for sad fursuits fursuits, I know every one tries to be carefull but accidents can happen, so it would be great if con ops could take a look into that issue for next year, and maybe arrange some carefully selected drinking areas next to the bar or something? Most things are are washable, at least for the bodysuite, but I would be devistated is something like a bottle of bear devasted my $1000 suite. :(

I really disagree here. I think that one of the reasons the con turned out so great was that the bar war was so much in the center of it all. The access to social lubricant was easy and you could bring it almost anywhere inside the hotel, which made the social interactions so much easier and relaxed. There was a lot of open mingling, not just smaller groups of people keeping to them selves and alcohol, i think (because we all know its effects), had a major part of this. So i don't think restricting the drinking too much would be a good idea. I mean most people know not to get too crunk. It makes sense too ban drinks in the dealers den and whatchama-call-it-suiters-room though.

There were also a lot of fursuiters drinking while suiting, so i'm not sure even most fursuiters would agree with you. As my last argumentative-KO i'm gonna inform you that, as a part time hobby alcoholic and in general pretty fumbly dude, i know that booze and beer vaporizes and usually wont leave a stain if you let it dry of properly. On white cloths it can leave a stain but its not hard to get of with some water in case of any drunkard be spilling them dranks.

//FRENZEEEEEEEEEE with two "E"'s
Offline ExileFox  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:29:38 AM(UTC)
ExileFox

Originally Posted by: Gero Go to Quoted Post

I didn't see much of this at all, only once or twice.

Some fursuiter borrowed my half-empty bottle for a moment, but it wasn't such a big deal as you made it sound like

Edited by user Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:31:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent..
I am a mystic person following a mystic path...

http://twitter.com/TheExileFox/
Offline Wolftale  
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 6:20:19 PM(UTC)
Wolftale

First of all, bow to the wonderful work of staff and volunteer.
You should be PROUD of yourself, this con was amazing and will (I'm sure) be a great success next year too :)
The atmosphere at this con was one I never felt before, and it made it unique! And I love that you can play with the decorations <3 totally awesome!
Also I as a fursuiter have to say it was awesome, that random furs/people got up from their chairs only to give me a hug. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCE THAT ON EF OR CFz. That amused me a lot and made even want more to preform in my suit to entertain when I get a feedback like that. Thank you! *does a green red panda salute*
- Will also give my thanks to Pinky for being helpful in Dealers den :)

My small wonder was why the Art show was so delayed? =< And I have to say that is the only negative thing I have on this con.
I hope next year it will be more in time. :)

Oh, and if you get some volunteers to help to fill glasses of water during fursuit Charades, it would be totally awesome. So it just to grab something to drink before we heading out on the stage again. (Also vote for bigger and longer straws ^^)