logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kamuniak  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 4:06:46 PM(UTC)
kamuniak

Safely back home. I write this while I'm still in this good mood. PCD haven't started yet ;)

I'm just happy how well this travel-back-home-day have went. I had good night sleep, woke up 2 minutes before alarm went off and went to breakfast just when it opened at 7. I had breakfast with good company and just when leaving, few other furries were warmly smiling and waving from other table (*) It is funny how little things like this can put you in such a good mood. And there was even one more fursuiter to hug in the lobby before stepping out the hotel! Flight to Helsinki arrived early because tailwind and art I bought got home undamaged. Can't go much better.

*) You who waved to me, I actually wanted to talk with you. I thought I send you message but I have completely forgot your name that I looked from your badge at one point. If you were at breakfast around 7:25, please send me a note :)

Actual feeback. I already mentioned double side badges, as well as t-shirts at the feedback event. This is first convention ever from which I don't have a t-shirt :/

Hotel was nice, staff was friendly and location was good at least travel-wise. Just not too much to see around or places for suiters to suit outside. I really liked my private bat-cave in furthermost room on top floor with great views :) And sunsets made really beautiful light to hotel lobby during evenings, I appreciated as photographer.

Generally, for first NFC convention, everything went just smoothly. There was some minor timing issues, for example with art-show closing, but that's pretty much it. My thanks to the whole staff for great convention! And sponsor chocolade was so good!

Live pictures page was great idea. I just wish people would rotate their images right side up before posting them. And it would be good to have able to specify time when image was taken when uploading it, instead of using upload time. Oldest images also started to disappear from the page already during the con, I don't know was this intentional. I first thought these images are kept as archive for future generations.

Special thanks to Pao, for making lovely gift picture of me with Basstian :)
Website -- Twitter -- Fur Affinity -- Livejournal -- Avatar by Dolphiana

Offline trax  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 10:06:23 PM(UTC)
trax

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kamuniak Go to Quoted Post
Live pictures page was great idea. I just wish people would rotate their images right side up before posting them. And it would be good to have able to specify time when image was taken when uploading it, instead of using upload time. Oldest images also started to disappear from the page already during the con, I don't know was this intentional. I first thought these images are kept as archive for future generations.

Just a quick answer to this. It's designed to only display a certain number of images over a rolling day period. Idea was that you just get an overview of all the fun taking place.

I am working on a gallery for the pictures. They have not been deleted or anything and i promise to get it up and running as fast as possible. :-)
Your friendly neighbourhood house cat in the couch department.
Offline mickel  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:28:23 PM(UTC)
mickel

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ahh, was a lovely con and I got a lovely cold as a memory. As always I forgot the 5 3 1 rule.

For next year, a hotel room sounds like an idea. I don't have a fantastic amount of stamina, and having an own room to retreat to and recuperate is good. Not to mention it makes you able to go to bed whenever you want to and not when the people you're staying with want to. And you get to sleep in a real bed... Mmmm... Real bed... I think I'm going back to my real bed right now to do away with the cold.

Oh and your own room means you can have a coffee machine in there so you don't have to spend 400 SeK on coffee during the con. Oy, gevalt!
Vote Bus Dook for Bus Dook.
Offline kamuniak  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:59:15 PM(UTC)
kamuniak

Originally Posted by: trax Go to Quoted Post

Just a quick answer to this. It's designed to only display a certain number of images over a rolling day period. Idea was that you just get an overview of all the fun taking place.

I am working on a gallery for the pictures. They have not been deleted or anything and i promise to get it up and running as fast as possible. :-)

Yay! :)

Unrelated to this, I forgot to mention the food in hotel. Breakfast was great! I'm kind of bat who likes to eat big breakfast and the selection of food and drinks in this hotel breakfast was quite brilliant. Evening buffets were good too, surely worth of price they cost. It was nice to have option to eat well in the hotel if you weren't in mood of going outside to find food. So big plus to the hotel from this.
Website -- Twitter -- Fur Affinity -- Livejournal -- Avatar by Dolphiana
Offline ExileFox  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 10:20:47 PM(UTC)
ExileFox

Originally Posted by: Kamuniak Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: trax Go to Quoted Post

Yay! :)

Unrelated to this, I forgot to mention the food in hotel. Breakfast was great! I'm kind of bat who likes to eat big breakfast and the selection of food and drinks in this hotel breakfast was quite brilliant. Evening buffets were good too, surely worth of price they cost. It was nice to have option to eat well in the hotel if you weren't in mood of going outside to find food. So big plus to the hotel from this.

Now that you mention it, I have to agree about the food
I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent..
I am a mystic person following a mystic path...

http://twitter.com/TheExileFox/