logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gero  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:17:30 AM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
First I like to say that I much enjoyed this years hotel and its friendly staff. Overall it was a great con but as always it has its share of plus and minus.

Plus:
-Friendly staff.
-A lot of space and a jungle themed lobby.
-Great events and I really enjoyed "Try a Kamimo" event.
-Near to my home and a direct bus (565X) on the weekdays.
-The hotell screens had time table of events and it was a great ad!
-The Maid Café looked like great fun but I had no chance to try it. Would love it to be permanent.

Minus:
-This year "Mini Schedule" was way of and it took a lot of efforts to find out where and when events was. One event was on the wrong part of the day and severel was an hour or two off. And there was numerous events said to begin in "Boardgame room" where it was in other rooms at that area. Could have been much better executed. Worse was that dinner was slated to start at 18 but started at 17 and one event was missing all together.
-The selection of food in the restaurant could have been better. While I enjoyed the food for what it was and that it kept me feed I can easily understand if vegetarians and those with special needs fails to enjoy themselves. And for a buffet I expected more selections. Overall a enjoyable dinner but not worth 150 SEK.
-The lack of the advertised "Social event" on Wednesday. I can live with changes for sure, but since I payd for dinner that day I felt I wasted 150 SEK cause of that event and cause it was an event I looked forward to much. I would really enjoy a way to re found dinner and other extra options you do not with to use after the con. It will at least have less people feel that they money was wasted if they by some reason or other did not used an payed for option.
-This year con book map did not make it easy to find my way around the hotel on the first day and it was quite annoying trying to find everything. It got better as the con started but one would really suggest a easier to find and more helpful map for next year. There were simply to many numbers on room without events to find those with. I hope for better signing from start next year.
-While I can understand it is hard to fill a huge hotel I would much enjoy if it is closed for others for next year. Having outsiders is fun for events like the parade and zoo but at other time I feel it better to have a con without "Trespassers" and people who I am not sure weather or not they are happy with us. We have about 1000 atendees - Surely they can block the hotel for us with so many people?

As for following years theme "El Dorado" looks fun enough but I always advocate a "Theatre" theme since it has a lot of bearing on what we do when we portray animals in suit. I kept my fingers crossed for it at every closing cermony but no luck so far.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:19:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Aded a thing.

thanks 1 user thanked Gero for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/26/2017(UTC)

Offline Gero  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 6:37:43 AM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I also think the placement of the fursuit lounges could be better planned for next year. This is mostly due to the fact that most fursuit events took place in the ballroom and most fursuiters liked to hang around in the lobby between events. At the same time the main fursuit lounge was tucked in way back at the main stage area on the second floor past a couple of steps. I can imagine it being less used by suiters than the secondary lounges at the lobby level was.

So my suggestion for next year is to try and make the main lounge closer to the lobby and the ballroom - Maybe in the huge room who now got a use as baggage room on check in day?

I would also enjoy a guarded room to store outdoor clothes for next year. As for now I have to store my jacket in the hotells baggage room and I am sure I can not be the only one who is at the con for daytime only? Maybe you can have this tucked in at Con Ops?

As for next years theme I think a treassure hunt around the hotell could be a cool event? It fits the theme nicely and could be a lot of fun with many mini events and games on the way to the goal.