logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cadero  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:24:15 PM(UTC)
Cadero

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey!

I'm hearing that a lot of people are getting their badge images denied, for various (usually weak) reasons.

I've heard an example of an attendee getting their badge denied due to "fetishized content" on a picture with a balloon in it. Meanwhile NFC literally has a panel on inflation, and a couple other fetish-oriented panels.

Another person had their badges denied due to "non family-friendly content". The badge was a picture of a cartoon skull.
NFC an 18+ convention, right?

I've also had my own badge denied because I didn't have the copyright of the artist behind a popular meme.
I ended up actually contacting the original artist and did actually get written permission... Which I think is a bit silly.

Can you chill on the denials, please? We're trying to enjoy ourselves.
thanks 1 user thanked Cadero for this useful post.
Chrystalia on 2/1/2018(UTC)

Offline sfw  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:50:00 PM(UTC)
sfw

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Greetings, I've passed your concerns onto the registration team. I don't know the specifics of things being denied as a badge image, if you have any details to pass on to them I'd suggest contacting by email.
Offline Gero  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 9:50:51 AM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am more concerned on why the conbadge images has to be square when there is so few real life images who are square.
Offline Timmyfox  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 11:18:59 AM(UTC)
Timmyfox

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gero Go to Quoted Post
I am more concerned on why the conbadge images has to be square when there is so few real life images who are square.

I'd assume it's most likely to fit the shape/design of the conbadge. Same reason form avatars/icons as well as the photo on your driver's licence and passport are commonly square or near-square

I suppose it might be an idea to allow cropping it non-square (don't remember if that's possible) but the resulting image would be smaller since a square is the largest geometric shape in terms of area for any given width

Edited by user Friday, February 2, 2018 11:26:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline First Wolf  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 4:59:48 PM(UTC)
First Wolf

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The issue with finding a square image is as simple as paint program which comes standard in all PC's I know of. Open the file in paint, crop the sides so it looks almost square, then goes to the settings for the full size of the image and write in the pixels to be the same height and width, save the image and upload!
May the fur be with you!
Offline clover  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 6:02:03 PM(UTC)
clover

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello Cadero,

Thank you for expressing your concerns. We organise NFC in the hope that attendees have a great time at the convention. We always try to improve and therefore we definitely listen to feedback! Your remarks have been noted and we are discussing how things can be improved in the future.

If you have very specific and individual queries please feel welcome to write to:
registration@nordicfuzzcon.org for questions regarding con badges
fursuitsupport@nordicfuzzcon.org for questions regarding fursuit badges
security@nordicfuzzcon.org for questions regarding our terms and conditions and policies

With kindest regards,

~Clover.

NFC Board Member
Medic and Security Coordinator