logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aiko  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:12:28 PM(UTC)
Aiko

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This was my first time attending Nordicfuzzcon, together with my boyfriend, and i am generally happy with the expirence a had.
I had lots of fun, and it was just a super cozy convention.
But there are really some things, that sadly pulled down the expirence, that could have either been better done or differently described.

first for the good things.

- The Hotel staff was generally nice, and helped with any questions we had
- Room was nice and clean every day
- Decorations was great, a nice touch to the hotel.
- The general spirit was nice, definitely coming back to NFC again.

Suggestions for improvement :

- The ice cream buffet was a HUGE disapointment, I had heard so much good about the ice cream buffet, and therefor we decided to choose it.
First thing - you had to choose Sponsor ship, to even be able to choose the ice cream buffet - that was fine i didn't mind that, what I did mind was that when the ice cream buffet started, litterly anybody could show up, pay the 75 SEK and join the buffet. even if they where NOT sponsors.

Second of, don't call it a Buffet, when people only are allowed to make 1 small ice cream.
I was hugely disapointed, when i found out i paid 75 SEK for this. - even the conbook is misleading, telling you it is a ice cream buffet, with lots of ice cream, goodies and fruit. I felt like getting ripped of.

- Names of the rooms was really confusing, several events wasn't in the right rooms, and when you tried to get information from ConOps, they didn't know anything, and referred to several other names than the one's in the con book.
though the new names was fun, I wouldhave found it easier if they just kept the names the rooms already had.

- Food in the hotel was disapointing and bland, for the price you gave compared to the food you got.
- Breakfast was okay, though again generally alot of it was pretty bland, boring and tasteless. the most soggy scambled eggs i ever had.

Generaly the convention was good, though the big confusion with panels, rooms names and so on, we mostly found the things anyways after going around. but could be better.
I really loved the overall "design" of the hotel, the lobby is great ! the decorations, and overall spirit from the attendee's make the convention a great experience.
it will not be last time I'm going to NFC, the whole cozyness was something I really really enjoyed.
Breakfast was okay, but dinner was found other places.
My biggest disapointment was honestly the huge misleading in the ice cream buffet. - it is something i will not choose again.
thanks 1 user thanked Aiko for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/12/2018(UTC)

Offline Wolfbreath  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:26:16 AM(UTC)
Wolfbreath

Third day the hotel staff politely knocked our door and asked, can they clean our room - we gladly accepted. They never showed up after that. Nicely arranged wastebasket for recycling was so filled up, tho - we as politely stole a big wastebasket / trashcan form corridor in our room and that worked. Definitely not as recycling anything. And the floor was sticky. Daily cleaning by the hotel did dot work.

I purrefctly (pun intended, i'm a wolf) understand the overwhelming load for hotel staff in situations, when all of the hotel should be cleaned in an one day. That is just a force majeure. Still is a pain to wait seven hours for an accommodation at the start of a con. Total count for waiting for something for me since monday was 12 hours (early arrival). Big part of that was not depended by hotel .. but still I was so fed up already at beginning of the con. At a start I was given completely different estimates depending languages I asked (I can speak english, as well as swedish). I almost started to be rude.

Ursäkta mig, I'm sorry for being rude. - the hotel staff was perfectly polite with me. Even the missing window handle (!) was delivered for me by service in 10 minutes.

But at all .. Every time I reserve a hotel room - I expect that is available to me exactly the minute I have reserved that.

/WB
Offline Aiko  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:34:46 AM(UTC)
Aiko

You waited 7 hours to get your room? wow.

We had no problem with the room what so ever, we got it when we arrived. and it was cleaned every day, trash can emptied, new towels, there was nothing to put a finger on for me there.
Offline Vargenibusken  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:55:16 PM(UTC)
Vargenibusken

I wish it was clear that some rooms come with things like microwave, sink and fridge available while others did not. Should the room price be cheaper if it lacks these features? Not having a fridge in the party wing ruined any opportunity to just sit down and enjoy a cold drink. Same with coming back after suiting, though I started making it a habit to rest up for longer periods in the lounge.
Offline Aiko  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:43:04 PM(UTC)
Aiko

If you read the FAQ for the hotel, it clearly stated this

Do the rooms have a minibar?
A few of the larger rooms in our hotels have a small minibar, but most rooms do not have one. We recommend that you get a powered cooler bag or similar if you wish to keep consumables cool.

- I brought my own plug in cooler for my drinks. because i knew the information stated that they did not have a mini bar.

Offline First Wolf  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:05:44 PM(UTC)
First Wolf

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The hotels do not hand out room keys until 15, standard policy. If you arrive 7 hours before then, you need to wait 7 hours. This missing window handle thing (and other similar issues) seems less of a problem on the second hotel.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:06:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Wrong word

May the fur be with you!
Offline Kakarauri  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:45:21 PM(UTC)
Kakarauri

The problem with the rooms not being ready by 3pm was due to the hotel having unforeseen guests because of the cancelled flights at Arlanda Airport.
Offline Timmyfox  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 1:15:41 AM(UTC)
Timmyfox

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: First Wolf Go to Quoted Post
The hotels do not hand out room keys until 15, standard policy. If you arrive 7 hours before then, you need to wait 7 hours. This missing window handle thing (and other similar issues) seems less of a problem on the second hotel.

The problem here is some didn't get their rooms before like 17. Check in earliest by 15 is acceptable, rooms not being available before hours after the listed check in time however is not.