logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline OmniSable  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 11:52:21 AM(UTC)
OmniSable

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There is so much I wanna say about this con, it's hard to say where to start.
Well, first of all, it was the best con experience of all the 11 ones I've had so far! The STEW has done a fantastic job once again. And I'm definitely looking forward to coming next year.

Interesting experiences:
- The Ghost Walk. We survived it, it was harsh, even for a Russian like me. It was the coldest night of this winter and we were freezing solid. But it is definitely the event I'm gonna remember! So it was a good idea.
- The Arcade was fabulous as always! Maybe the only thing that I missed was the Terminator shooting game we had last year. And the VR was occupied nearly always, I could not get to try it out, some people seemingly were playing it for hours long. But otherwise, many thanks to AoNekoAmaru and AmyFever for bringing this fantastic experience to us once again.
- This year I tried out board games. Got to try out some new ones, now I wanna buy them. Gaia is a very nice instructor.
- Pinky has done well once again at Eat South America. I always liked these events.
- Cards against NordicFuzzCon was a great idea. I had so many laughs playing it with the night crew! I even won it. Yeah, I love this con that much XD
- I got to volunteer in the Art Show installation and was invited to a private room party afterwards. Maybe I'll help next year as well.
- Poker chips as tickets! That's pretty neat!

But even for such a marvelous occasion, Disappointment Happens®:
- Probably the biggest one was the Dying Dog Dinner. The food was so-so, it took forever to be delivered, no choice at all, and this event can not possibly cost 350SEK even in Sweden. Last year we had a buffet, a good one, I must admit. I know they tried to make a social event out of it, but it kinda didn't work out to me too well. Some songs were funny though.
- Escalator in the lobby was down. I know that the con is not responsible, but still.
- The room naming taken from native Central American languages was not a huge hassle for me, but yeah, was kinda impeding navigation.
- What's with the covering of the restroom signs with sheets of paper? I don't wanna accidentally end up in the ladies' room, that would be such a huge embarrassment for me! No, thanks.
- I went to the Furry Music Cafe and I would have stayed for more than 3 songs, if only there weren't those huge fans in the back freezing me to death.
- Room switching was a hassle. I was residing in one room on early arrival day with a roomie. For the con days I went to another room. For Sunday, I want back to the first room with the roomie who was residing there all along. Both times when I was switching rooms they made me check out with all my luggage and wait until 3. Why couldn't I just get a key for the room on my Sunday switch so I could drop my stuff off in the room at least? They would clean it later, I don't mind, my roomie was there all along anyway. But no, I had to put it into this tiny luggage room and walk around until 3PM. I will definitely try to avoid switching rooms next year.

In any case, tons of gratitude to all the STEW and amazing attendees I've met throughout the con, and I hope to see you next year!

Till NFC2019!

-- Omni H. Sable

Edited by user Thursday, March 8, 2018 11:54:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked OmniSable for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/12/2018(UTC)

Online Timmyfox  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 1:14:02 AM(UTC)
Timmyfox

Originally Posted by: OmniSable Go to Quoted Post
- What's with the covering of the restroom signs with sheets of paper? I don't wanna accidentally end up in the ladies' room, that would be such a huge embarrassment for me! No, thanks.

All restrooms were unisex for the duration of the con; The signs were supposed to show that they were "just" restrooms instead of dividing them as male/female.
Offline OmniSable  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 6:54:38 AM(UTC)
OmniSable

Oh, and another thing I missed from last year was ParaParaParadise from the arcade. That totally rocked!
Offline OmniSable  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 7:01:51 AM(UTC)
OmniSable

Originally Posted by: Timmyfox Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OmniSable Go to Quoted Post

All restrooms were unisex for the duration of the con; The signs were supposed to show that they were "just" restrooms instead of dividing them as male/female.

I'm okay with that when it comes to smaller restrooms, like the ones near the artists' lounge and blipmaster. But when it comes to the public ones, like the one near the main scene, I feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. So, maybe they could do it with small ones (where only one person is at a time) but refrain from doing it with public big ones (where you can bump into a number of people).
Offline Honey  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 12:38:46 PM(UTC)
Honey

All the toilets are closed booths with doors. Its not like you are doing your business in the open and if you dont like others to walk in on you you can just not use the urinals? I for one is very happy about this initiative that a toilet is just a toilet regardless of which gender you are. There are some trans people who has yet not altered their physical appearance and for them it feels super uncomfortable entering the toilet of the "wrong" gender because they can't yet pass as the gender they identify as.
Offline First Wolf  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 4:00:58 PM(UTC)
First Wolf

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
One may need to put op a warning at the urinals: Unisex toilet room!
May the fur be with you!
Offline OmniSable  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 5:15:04 PM(UTC)
OmniSable

Originally Posted by: First Wolf Go to Quoted Post
One may need to put op a warning at the urinals: Unisex toilet room!

Or outside on the doors. That would clear the misunderstandings.