logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tomkitty  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:35:17 PM(UTC)
Tomkitty

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey NFC Staff :3

First of all i would like to thank you for the amazing convention. It was a blast and one of the best i've ever experienced! Im already planning to come again to upplands väsby in 2019 :3

As already mentioned, i've enjoyed the convention a lot. Still there are some things i would like to point out.

Pro:

-I really loved the decoration, the theme specific artwork and the video content produced for this and the next con.
-Cats and Boxes. Amazing idea! a lot of fun, with extremly low effort. Do it again!
-Bouncy Castles. Yes, please. Amazing :3
-Whoever had the idea regarding the crayons and the (paper) tablecloth. That was really cool.
-Playing some music during the fursuit parade was also very good.
-The Buffet at the Hotel was also tasty and offered for a very fair amount of money.

Con (or suggestion for improvements):

-Many of my friends werent aware of the possibility to buy tickets for events as the bouncy castles at convention. Because the option to buy a ticket during the registration process looked like a "now or never" thing. Please advertise this more clearly for 2019, so that more people are able to enjoy those cool special events.

-Please enhance your security team, and ask them to enforce the convention rules more strictly. This is a rather serious thing. Im not here to blame anyone or to call any names. But when you ask your security team about it, there were reports of a person threatning to harm himself, and later an incident about assaulting an other attendee. As far as im informed (and im of course not on the security team), all that has been done about that was a series of serious talks to the person. Luckily, there were no additional incidents regarding this person. But for future conventions i would highly recommend to handle such things differently, meaning eventually banning the person from the con and/or bringing in professional help to take care of them. With the convention growing, things like this tend to happen more often, so please be prepared for future years to avoid worse incidents.

-I would just like to support the general criticsism regarding the DDD. The idea itself is really good and worth continuing, but the thing probably needs somekind of redesign.

-The idea of the ice cream buffet is great, and has always been great. But there was some confusion going on between the hotel staff and the convention staff. The convention staff at the buffet told the attendees it was a "all you can eat" kind of thing. ...But that was not the case (as later mentioned by the hotel). With the buffet not being all you can eat, and the rather small cups the hotel was providing, the whole experience was not ideal. Please check with hotel staff and STEW.

-Maybe it would be useful to mention the swedish laws regarding alcohol consumption in the public in the conbook or in the attendee letter (that you've got with your room card)

Thank you guys! I really hope you dont get the criticism wrong, im just trying to improve things even more :3
thanks 1 user thanked Tomkitty for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/12/2018(UTC)