logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline skippyfox  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:16:48 PM(UTC)
skippyfox

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks everyone who contributed to (or helped organize) the snack exchange! I loved trying so many new and unique treats!

It looked like most of the candy went to waste, uneaten. I saw a mad dash when it opened up, and then people emptied out early to get ready for the fursuit parade.

I think the event would greatly benefit from at least twice as much table space to help thin out the crowd, and to distance it from other major scheduled events like the parade by at least 90 minutes. I'd personally be ok with the exchange running for 2 hours if it doesn't conflict with other major events.

Thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked skippyfox for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/18/2019(UTC)

Offline Pur3Bolt  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:19:45 PM(UTC)
Pur3Bolt

I have to agree with the fursuit parade being just after this, we had to leave early and left our snacks on the table for others to try, but have no clue if they were thrown away or eaten. Definitely should be planned with a bit more time between any other big events BigGrin
Definitely didn't expect such a huge amount of people either, it was my first time going to this event though, so no clue if this is normal or not Flapper
Offline Gero  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:27:56 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
One thing I am always wonder about is if you do have to have snacks of youre own to try the snack exchange? G.
Offline Pur3Bolt  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 1:52:20 PM(UTC)
Pur3Bolt

Originally Posted by: Gero Go to Quoted Post
One thing I am always wonder about is if you do have to have snacks of youre own to try the snack exchange? G.

Most people there were just trying snacks and didn't bring any. Most who had snacks were sitting behind the table and honestly I think those try the least snacks in the end Confused Maybe would be easier just to bring like stickers to write on what the food is and spread it out evenly and then everyone can enjoy Drool
Offline gatorguts  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 2:05:08 PM(UTC)
gatorguts

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gero Go to Quoted Post
.... Maybe would be easier just to bring like stickers to write on what the food is and spread it out evenly and then everyone can enjoy Drool

I actually thought that's what it was going to be! I was surprised to see it was set up like the Dealers Den and people were giving away snacks, haha. But I guess they're afraid of someone coming to a table and taking everything and leaving nothing for the rest? Confused
Offline Redfur  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:09:43 PM(UTC)
Redfur

We had the same problem as mentioned above; there was hardly any time to really enjoy the snacks and talk to others since I really wanted to take part in the fursuit events.
I even was really late for the photo because I remained at the snack exchange for too long.

Too bad because the snack exchange was one of my personal highlights of the con and something I had been looking forward to for weeks (which doesn´t mean I didn´t love the rest of the con, I just really really like trying foreign snacks!).

Also, but that´s but a little luxury pet peeve of mine, I think it would´ve been better to have the snack exchange a little later in the schedule as we only just came back from breakfast about an hour earlier.
Offline Blujay Fox  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2019 10:37:14 PM(UTC)
Blujay Fox

Yeah, I like that there was a snack exchange, but it was a pity with the scheduling:

- too soon after breakfast
- not long enough
- finished only 30 mins before fursuit parade

A friend and I had brought some snacks but we needed to pack up promptly as we wanted to be in the fursuit group photo.