logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sfw  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 4:34:41 PM(UTC)
sfw

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Having been working for the con in various roles since the first one, this was my first time as an attendee only. I've got to say it was a very different experience. There is a social dynamic that is much easier to explore without the working part of things being there.

Photoshoot:
This was very difficult to find, being just a curtained off area near the suit lounge I missed it's actual location until it was too late. The lack of published times was a real problem in being able to plan to get to it.

Conbook:
This didn't feel complete with missing times of meals, photoshoot opening and some confusing errors on the timing of events.

Schedule and events:
Honestly I would have renamed the convention to NordicFetishCon, a lot of the time it felt like the only things on were very specific interests. The dances/no dances/bar music seemed very oddball. Sometimes running, sometimes not, there was no consistency in how things were running with them. Already mentioned by others was the lack of dances on some nights entirely.

The Maid Cafe seemed very oddly times, it would have been nicer to have run a bit earlier in the day. Quite a few events seemed to have very large delays. Gave up even trying to go to the opening ceremony or the stream in the Ballroom.

The hotel itself:
Food buffet was so overpriced for what was actually on offer. Possibly the biggest thing that I could comment on is the disaster that is known as the external security. On the night of the fire alarm going off we duly evacuated by the nearest exit and didn't bother taking anything with us. Standing outside all the guard seemed concerned of was that I'd brought a drink with me. Well... sorry I didn't leave that in the fire escape I thought it was more important to get out of the building. He tells me to take it back inside... I'm not sure that's a good idea if it really is on fire. Do they not teach them the basics of 'Do you think I'd be standing outside in Sweden in the thinnest tshirt imaginable for the sheer fun of it to evade a rule on drinks being outside?'.
thanks 1 user thanked sfw for this useful post.
Miles T.F. Baxxter on 3/18/2019(UTC)

Offline Timmyfox  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 4:55:09 PM(UTC)
Timmyfox

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
For the photoshoot, this was an unfortunate result of the opening times not being decided until after the the conbook and pocket schedule had been finalized. There were supposed to be opening times printed by the location but these ended up not coming up due to an internal oversight - we'll be sure to improve on this for next year!
The opening times should have been listed both in the app and on the website, however.

As for meals/buffets, unfortunately these were all managed by the venue and the con had very little control over these. I believe we weren't even made aware of these until well after the internal scheduling deadline had passed, why there were no mention of them in the conbook. Personally, I wouldn't have recommended the hotel restaurant to anyone but it seems they insisted on having it open...