logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Daisy Bell  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:12:21 PM(UTC)
Daisy Bell

I'm not a fursuiter, but I had a brief experience involving the nightclub and a horse mask. The fans were good, but I really had to wash my face with some cold water, which there was no possibility of, and before I could visit a restroom I was sort of pulled back into the action.
You should try including something like that the next time, it should be possible with outdoors hose stuff if there is no basin in the room.

Offline Sayh  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:45:39 PM(UTC)
Sayh

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This may be a tricky thing to add to a room. It requires... pipes! Anyhow, if you bring a small rag, it can be wet down with water, that is always available, and used to cool & wipe your face. It's not the same, but it does help a lot. For "express cleaning" after suiting, baby wipes are wonderful!

A fursuit lounge directly connected to rest rooms would, of course, be wonderful, but options are often limited.

~Duck
Offline staghorne  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2014 8:18:35 PM(UTC)
staghorne

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Daisy Bell,

It was good to see you at the con. Also, thank you for your feedback! ^^

I particularly appreciate your comments as I am head of fursuit affairs and therefore organise the lounges. Unfortunately, putting a sink in the lounge is difficult, as Sayh said. I know that Anthrocon supplies a stack of moist towels for wiping off sweat and feeling refreshed. The towels are thrown in a separate bin and taken away for cleaning by leased staff. I do not think we have the economic resources for something like this, but we might be able to supply baby wipes like Sayh mentioned.

What do you think? Would having baby wipes available be an acceptable substitute for a sink/similar in the lounge?