logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Miles T.F. Baxxter  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2015 1:18:39 PM(UTC)
Miles T.F. Baxxter

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
So, what sort of music do you all enjoy?

Feel free to mention bands, artists, and genres.

I'm personally curious if there are any clear trends in the furry community (or at least among NordicFuzzCon's attendees), and if it deviates any from the norm.
"Sometimes the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out, can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are."
~ Twilight Sparkle

Offline verdonia  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2015 10:08:53 PM(UTC)
verdonia

The music I enjoy is kind of varied.
But instead of going out on a (too) long tangent about it all, I'll just provide 3 different examples of music that I've lately particularly enjoyed for whatever reason. :)

Ninja Sex Party is one my favorite bands. I love their music because their music is so whimsical, humorous, and catchy all at the same time.
But this is not a Ninja Sex Party song, they're featuring in this song by Tupper Ware Remix Party. It's a more "serious" song, yet keeping the whimsical nature. Ninja Sex Party rarely do serious songs, but boy when they do or feature in one, they sure go all out!
The music video is fully pixel animated, giving you an old-school retro gaming feel. Plus, the band/video features a furry.
Basically, what I am saying is: It's awesome.

Next song on the list is by another one of my favorite bands, called "I Fight Dragons". This is one of the very few bands that I have sort of "grown up with" in a sense. A few months ago they released their latest album, "The Near Future", and the first 10 songs was part of a sort of visual story booklet. This is the ending song of the story, and a truly wonderful way of ending the album, even having a background choir fully consisted of sent in voice clips by their own fans to end the song. I am also a sucker for love songs, and IFD have always done them right.
Some may or may not know I sung this song both at the furry music café and at the fur-e-oke at NFC 2015. ^^

And finally, we have "Mae".
Gosh. Mae. Totally discovered this band by accident, and ever since I've been utterly in love with them and all that they do. Mae is the only band where I can just truly listen to any of their songs and never feel "Yeah, I've heard this so many times, next song". This band has gotten me through all of my important phases of my life, and I know I mention growing up with IFD, but Mae is THE band that I've grown up with through and through.
And just a few months ago, they released a new version on one of their first songs they made.
This is that song I have linked here. I hope you'll be able to enjoy it. :)

Edited by user Monday, July 6, 2015 12:00:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Experi  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 10:07:06 PM(UTC)
Experi

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My fave music must be uplifting/orchestral/emotional trance, like Sound Apparel and Soundlift.

Radio is barely listenable here these days, everything sounds the same more or less.

Sometimes though i like to try to make my own, which i usually fail at bigtime, like this one: https://soundcloud.com/e...the-wipextended-club-mix

Im 110% tone deaf and lack any music theory, spent the past 3-4 years trying to atleast learn something.

Something alittle bit more mellow, in contrast to the other link: https://soundcloud.com/experimentonomen/newtune
Offline naetaru  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2016 7:21:54 PM(UTC)
naetaru

Rock/Metal and dubstep mainly, but a whole slew of other kinds of music :D
Offline Miles T.F. Baxxter  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:44:08 AM(UTC)
Miles T.F. Baxxter

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Like most I listen to a lot of different music. But I mostly listen to modern indie music. Some favourites include The Magnetic Fields, The Mountain Goats, Animal Collective, Arthur Russell, Will Oldham, and Hefner. I often like music that's melodic, melancholy, a bit rough, lyrically clever, with unique vocals. Here's a sample from one of the bands, an old favourite tune of mine.

"Sometimes the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out, can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are."
~ Twilight Sparkle
Offline Daisy Bell  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 9:05:44 PM(UTC)
Daisy Bell

I listen exclusively to no wave and power electronics.
Offline First Wolf  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 8:03:24 PM(UTC)
First Wolf

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I made a playlist on youtube with MLP and some random music I like for various reasons. Watch out, one of them is a 1-hour loop from waterflame:
Youtube link
May the fur be with you!
Offline Pastelfart  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 4:18:29 AM(UTC)
Pastelfart

There is so much weird music that I like but I will mention that Cuushe is one of my biggest idol ♡
Cuushe makes dreampop music and her music has been very important to me. Her music was like entering an another dimension every time I listened to it when I was going through hard times :')

I am sorry for my terrible English >___<`
A very shy hamster...