logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Miles T.F. Baxxter  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 3:26:14 PM(UTC)
Miles T.F. Baxxter

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The convention is still a while away, so why not make the time go by a bit faster by using a few minutes answering the following question:

What are your favourite furry animes (or mangas)?

"Furry anime" means any anime with anthropomorphic animal characters. You are of course free to count so-called "cat girls" as well (usually humans with added animal ears and tails).

Looking forward to seeing your answers!
"Sometimes the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out, can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are."
~ Twilight Sparkle

Offline Miles T.F. Baxxter  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 4:24:35 PM(UTC)
Miles T.F. Baxxter

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
My own all-time favourite is definitely Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, better known as Silver Fang here in Scandinavia. It follows the akita inu pup named Gin / Silver from his birth and through his hard training to become a bear-hunting dog. He eventually joins a pack of wild dogs who're set in taking down the deranged bear, Akakabuto. I don't want to give away too much, but it's quite an epic journey.

I loved the series as a kid, and it's definitely a big contributing factor to making me a furry. I just loved the drama of it. (No, not that kind of drama.) There are fight scenes with blood (without being gory), characters actually get hurt and die, there's real character development, and each episode picks up where the last one left off. These are elements you don't often see in cartoons for kids, at least not older western cartoons; usually there's no real danger, and the episodes are often stand-alone with no overarching plot.

Oh, and the opening song is really, really good. (Unfortunately the video has been stretched out to a 16:9 ratio.)

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2016 4:27:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added YouTube video.

"Sometimes the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out, can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are."
~ Twilight Sparkle
Offline Rexam  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 9:36:30 PM(UTC)
Rexam

Ginga Nagareboshi Gin Was also one of my favorite anime growing up! As mentioned previously it's very character driven and it's amazing to see how they grow and develop. 'w'
Please watch this anime if you haven't it's amazing and deserves all the love it can get! (Be warned though, it does have some violent material in it though)

Ginga Densetsu Weed Sequal anime to GNG which is not quite as good IMO but still enjoyable and in the same spirits as the original one!

Opening:

Sherlock Hound Another fantastic anime I watched as a kid. A fun anime with excitement adventure! Also the legendary Hayao Miyazaki worked on this series! ^w^
I think all episodes can be found on youtube in English! x3

First episode:

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Wolf Children) An amazing anime movie that brought me to tears. Its about a mother raising children who can turn into wolves and are finding their paths in life.

Trailer:

Arashi No Yoru Ni (One Stormy Night) Another emotionally strong movie. It's about the unlikely friendship between a goat and a wolf! x3
I believe the whole movie can be found on youtube! :3

Trailer:

Summer Wars From the same director as Wolf Children this is a story set between the real world and a digital network were people are represnted by different characters. While this isn't exactly a "furry movie" many of the main characters are represented by furries in the digital space. In a nuthsell it's a movie about family with lots of action and emotional stuff. x3 Note, if you've seen the first Digimon movie this is almost exactly the same (but a lot better in my opinion), and it's from the same director so there's no ripping off or anything. xP I myself have watched it in japanese but the English trailer shows off the characters more

Trailer:

The Cat Returns While not one of the best Studio Ghibli movies it's a fun adventure filled with anthro cats and romance! x3

Trailer:

Kaiketsu Zorori An anime for those who like more kiddish stuff. Antihero Zorori's adventures are wacky and crazy! :D

Opening:
Offline WolfKendo  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:45:01 PM(UTC)
WolfKendo

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Beast Warriors Gulkeeva is a very good Meacha/furry anime from 1995.
Offline Daisy Bell  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:17:03 PM(UTC)
Daisy Bell

UserPostedImage
Offline WolfKendo  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 8:49:54 PM(UTC)
WolfKendo

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I would highly recommend the movie The boy and The beast.
Offline mindmusic  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:32:30 PM(UTC)
mindmusic

I saw the boy and the beast recently, it was alright, good animation and characters but it didnt stick with me as much as i would like.
I definitely need to check out Sherlock Hound.

Anyone seen "Catnapped"? if you havent, check it out! (great animation) :3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114689/

Those of you who enjoy Gin/Weed/Silver Fang/feral character animation
check out Massugu ni Ikou. cute/slice of life about dogs.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1617/Massugu_ni_Ikou

Heres a anime series I really enjoy but few seems to have seen it (despite being popular in japan)

The "Jewelpet" series! (Sanrio/Sega)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewelpet_(anime)

Each series switch theme and story (taking place in the human world or jewel land), tho its mostly shojo/comedy/magic over all.

I would suggest checking one of these:

Jewelpet Twinkle☆ (shojo, magic - probably the best of the series and gets serious/dark towards the end)
Jewelpet Sunshine (comedy, shojo, magic, love, school - jewelpetxhuman crushes/relationships is nothing uncommon throughout the series)
Jewelpet Kira☆Deco! (comedy, magic, parody - my second favorite in the serie)
Jewelpet Happiness (comedy, magic, school)

Not all episodes are out there with subs but some are out full or half with subs.

I advice not to watch:
Lady Jewelpet
(shojo, love, school -usually the jewelpets are the main characters but here its all about the humans, really boring too xP)

Edited by user Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:36:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline First Wolf  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 12:50:32 PM(UTC)
First Wolf

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Inuyasha:
Demon dogs, demon foxes, demon devils, sentient large felines, romance, fighting and mystic dimension travels, this show is so full of plot twists, you'll never know what is coming up next.

Bleach
Not sure if Sajin Komamura, Yoruichi Shihōin and a talking parrot alone is enough to call it a furry anime, but if I can add this to a top 10 of anything, I will.
It should need no introduction.

Spice and wolf
Merchant traveling with a goddess of harvest, (no, not human soul harvest, just plants). Romance, tips N tricks of medieval trading and a few combat scenes make for a good blend of events.

I have much more I like, but these are the first I could think of, now off to watch Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Thanks for reminding me, I recently watched Ginga Densetsu Weed, so I got curious about the story of Gin.

Edited by user Monday, October 31, 2016 8:26:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar overhaul

May the fur be with you!
Offline Transarkglobal  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 9:05:16 AM(UTC)
Transarkglobal

Anthropomorphic foxes are almost always tricksters, and Zorori is a cunning character in typical fox fashion. Kaiketsu Zorori follows the adventures and antics of this crafty canine as he tries to use his wits to obtain the title of King of Mischief. However, his plans rarely go off without a hitch. Rather than creating chaos, he often winds up causing more good than harm.

This is a series primarily aimed at children, and is relatively simple in terms of its plot. It is still enjoyable to watch if you're looking for a lighthearted series to enjoy , and if anthros are what you're after, you're in luck. Kaiketsu Zorori features a varied cast full of anthropomorphic characters of all varieties
Offline First Wolf  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 5:10:21 PM(UTC)
First Wolf

Originally Posted by: Rexam Go to Quoted Post
Sherlock Hound Another fantastic anime I watched as a kid. A fun anime with excitement adventure! Also the legendary Hayao Miyazaki worked on this series! ^w^
I think all episodes can be found on youtube in English! x3

First episode:

You got me hooked on Sherlock Hound <:3
May the fur be with you!
Offline Amon03  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 9:09:31 AM(UTC)
Amon03

All of the ones that Andy Yeatman bought to Netflix. My kids are loving those shows and glad that he is there. Netflix is ruling the world and has made possible for each one of us to actually play our favorite shows at any point of time. Earlier we had to wait for the clock to strike for our favorite shows.
Offline First Wolf  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 8:13:05 PM(UTC)
First Wolf

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho.
Includes both full suits and partials.
May the fur be with you!
Offline GreenReaper  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 6:07:20 PM(UTC)
GreenReaper

Definitely Spice and Wolf (Ookami to Koushinryou). Good for wolf and/or nekomimi fans; and if you also like Medieval economics, wheat, and/or apples, it has everything!

Available in two series of 12 episodes each, on DVD and Blu-ray. (Season 1 is 480p upscaled to 1080p, season 2 is 720p to 1080p.)

And yes, there is dub as well as sub... but why would you? Confused

And I see I missed it, but it was recommended before! Oh well...

Edited by user Friday, January 18, 2019 6:45:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline tinka  
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 8:50:48 PM(UTC)
tinka

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Kaiketsu Zorori ^^'/