logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AraqueKimahri  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 9:45:41 PM(UTC)
AraqueKimahri

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't remember if I said it in the after-con poll, but I think it's an important matter to take into account: people piggybacking others at group photos. This year it happened to me in both fursuit group and human group official photos, precisely in front of me, and riding them in the shoulders even. I don't know the politics at other conventions around the world, but this should be somehow forbidden, or at least studied by the staff.

I understand that's a problem for short people, but "piggyback me and fxck whoever is behind" is not the solution. One can always ask the people in front to move a bit to the sides to leave an empty space for the camera. Or maybe moving to the front rows.

Thanks.

Offline daxcyro  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 8:57:52 AM(UTC)
daxcyro

Hey there.
It is strongly discourage to shoulder surf during group photos, and we try our best to sort people a bit by height.
However this can get a bit hard when people want to stay close to their mates, and as close to the front as possible.

Ideally we do want everybody to be equally visible in the photos.
For this we do require as much cooperation, and more important, as much consideration among the attendees as possible.
The easiest for us is if people leave the front rows a bit more open, so that we can move people around.

But I've taken note of it. Hopefully it will give me more reason to be stricter on asking people to let others stand in the front.
Our main goal is ensuring that everybody gets included in our group pictures :)

Offline atkelar  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 8:23:46 PM(UTC)
atkelar

As the one looking through the lens at the time, I can only say: If it isn't blatantly obvious and there's a "double the usual height" person around, it is impossible to spot right then and there. Please feel free to wave and notify security if you realize someone blocking the view in such a manner! I think that people should be free to do piggybacking AS LONG AS they don't block anybody - which means that such stunts should be constraint to the outermost or backmost area of the group!

With the fursuit picture in particular it is also important to be done with it in a timely manner: many costumers in such close proximity always leads to lack of air exchange for the more centered individuals and that could lead to medical emergencies. Therefore we try to get it over with as fast as possible which means: there is not enough time to pose everybody individually and to double check everybody's position. I usually take my time after the convention to go through the 20+ versions of the group shots and pick the ones where there are the least amount of blocked people in it. With regular people shots you usually Photoshop away "closed eyes" or such things from different versions, but that would be a month worth of editing for something like a fursuit group picture where literally no two versions have more than a few pixels in common Crying

I did not realize that there are people doing piggyback rides in there, even after looking at it up close. I will make note of it to specifically address it next year!
Offline AraqueKimahri  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 8:40:58 PM(UTC)
AraqueKimahri

Thanks for the double response! I don't pretend to start a drama with this, it's not fun when it happens precisely in front of you. Fortunately I'm tall, I moved a bit and in the end I don't appear blocked in the photos (if you can see the camera, the camera can see you).

Also I didn't have into account Atkelar's point of view (quite literally, behind a camera hehe), so sorry and thanks for the concern. Probably a quick reminder during the con should be enough for people to be more careful.