logo
Hello Guest! In order to post you need to login with your NordicFuzzCon account.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CubOCoffee  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 11:27:52 AM(UTC)
CubOCoffee

Hello,
Can anyone tell me, if I can pay a taxi from the airport to the hotel with a credit card or ec card?
Is it as difficult as in Germany to pay a taxi without cash?

What else do I need to pay in cash?
How does it work in the dealers den?

Yes this is my first time at NordicFuzzCon.

Offline Gero  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 12:28:04 PM(UTC)
Gero

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
All major taxi companies accept Credit Card so it should not be any problem. But remember that it is free pricening for taxi drivers so I recommend you to chose any of the three large companies such as Taxi Stockholm, Taxi 020 and Sverigetaxi.

Taxis are quite expensive and if you like to go a little bit cheaper there is a good range of commuter trains serving both Arlanda (with an extra fee) and Märsta (Bus connection) whom need an SL ticket to attend. There is also the Fuzz Buss to keep in mind. Keep in mind that SL tickets generally has to be bought in special vendors and shops before starting the journey.

Having cash for Dealers Den is generally an good idea. As is any deposit this hotel might require.

Most other things you might want to purchase outside the hotell is generally accessible by credit card. But having small amount (specially a few 5 and ten SEK coins) are generally a good advice for things like WCs outside the hotel. That excludes any fees youre CC card might ad for purchases abroad.
Offline CubOCoffee  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:36:12 AM(UTC)
CubOCoffee

Thank you for your answers.

Indeed I would prefer the FuzzBus, but the bus leaves at 12:00 and my plane lands at 12:05.Flapper
I have no problem taking a taxi and maybe another fur will share a taxi with me, if the taxi can transport that many suitcases.BigGrin
I think there should be a cash point either in the hotel or at least nearby.
Offline Gero  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:03:53 PM(UTC)
Gero

I am not familiar with the area around the new hotel so I cant tell what facilities they have in the area.

But there is plenty of ATM and change vendors at Arlanda where you can swap youre currency for SEK. And using change vendors are generally recomended due to rates and fees.
Offline Eagle  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:34:41 AM(UTC)
Eagle

There is some helpful info in these threads, especially for taxi, thanks!

The NFC web page also says "30 minutes with public transport" from the airport... could someone please post specific details about catching that transport to the Hotel?... such as bus number and where to board it, etc :)
Offline OmniSable  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:47:04 AM(UTC)
OmniSable

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I myself get some cash in SEK before embarking on this journey, because I can find places in my city where the exchange rates are somewhat decent. Airport currency exchange booths generally have bad rates and should be used as the last resort, that is applicable to any country you come to. It depends on your hometown though, whether you can find a bank with decent [your currency]/SEK rates or not. I live in the biggest metropolis in Europe, so it's fine for me. XD

As for the transport, long story short, the cheapest route (43 SEK, if you buy a single ticket, and 30 SEK if you buy a travel card) is like this:

Bus 583 to Märsta
then Train to Upplands Väsby
then any of these buses until Infra City bus stop, it's right in front of the hotel:
566 towards Infra City Väst
536 towards Bollstanäs
560 towards Jakobsberg station (not sure about the direction)

I have written a detailed explanation of travel information, but sadly I was aiming at people like me that write in alien script. XD
It is here: https://vk.com/topic-139556118_35199658
You can feed it to Google Translate, it can be understood for the most part.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:07:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked OmniSable for this useful post.
Eagle on 2/26/2017(UTC)
Offline Gero  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:20:37 AM(UTC)
Gero

I recommend SLs webpage (www.sl.se) for info on travelling between the airport and hotell.

And I do belive the bus number between Arlanda and Märsta still is 583 and nothing else?

There is also an SL commuter train stop at Arlanda Sky City where you can find trains to Upplands Väsby as well - But that requires an extra station fee to board apart from the regular SL ticket needed if you grab the train in Märsta instead, so the later is highly recomended if you arent super rich.
thanks 1 user thanked Gero for this useful post.
Eagle on 2/26/2017(UTC)
Offline OmniSable  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:10:25 PM(UTC)
OmniSable

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
And not in a hurry. Getting to Märsta by bus will take around 20 minutes, but it's a huge money-saver, cuz entering the train station in the airport costs 120 SEK (in addition to ticket fee. So total would be 150-167SEK).

Edited by user Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:11:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified